Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 FRC H/C & over the top bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 FRC H/C & over the top bolt ons

Doing 70 mph on I 96 east, when a blue Subaru Sti revs up next to me. Traffic is thick so I nod motion him to follow me. We get a couple openings and play around a little bit. I was babying it to bait him in. We have a 1.1 mile straight perfect section that we both nailed it while doing 70 mph. Before the straight away ended and began the long gentle curve I was up to 170 maybe a little more. How's that for top end. Needless to say the young man in the Subaru loved it and wanted to do it again. I held up my badge thinking he would just go away but he held up his too. We both smiled and nodded to go again. This time I let him have the jump, then got on it and promptly smacked that ***. Just a side note, I wouldn't have taken the curve at speeds like that, but I am very familiar with this stretch and go to work everyday on the highway. 4 lanes wide no traffic, no problem. Its amazing at how well the Z51 pkg makes the car handle. Chalk another one up for the American V-8's. He claimed when he gets his bigger turbo, to watch out. I can't wait. I also found out that the guy in the Subaru was my partners cousin and he had been planning to race me for weeks. Very glad he works dayshift like me.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Badge as in cop? Just remember when you give somebody a ticket for speeding that you did 170 on a public road. Good kill.

-Mark
Old 05-31-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

yes, both are cops. Sounds like some fun, good job.

Most cops that race are usualy more lenient.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bastards.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sigh, I really dont mind the whole 170 in a controlled environment, but you dont have to let us know yer a cop. We already know cops think the laws arent meant for them.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Sigh, I really dont mind the whole 170 in a controlled environment, but you dont have to let us know yer a cop. We already know cops think the laws arent meant for them.
We all know their not. They are above the law.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Doing 70 mph on I 96 east, when a blue Subaru Sti revs up next to me. Traffic is thick so I nod motion him to follow me. We get a couple openings and play around a little bit. I was babying it to bait him in. We have a 1.1 mile straight perfect section that we both nailed it while doing 70 mph. Before the straight away ended and began the long gentle curve I was up to 170 maybe a little more. How's that for top end. Needless to say the young man in the Subaru loved it and wanted to do it again. I held up my badge thinking he would just go away but he held up his too. We both smiled and nodded to go again. This time I let him have the jump, then got on it and promptly smacked that ***. Just a side note, I wouldn't have taken the curve at speeds like that, but I am very familiar with this stretch and go to work everyday on the highway. 4 lanes wide no traffic, no problem. Its amazing at how well the Z51 pkg makes the car handle. Chalk another one up for the American V-8's. He claimed when he gets his bigger turbo, to watch out. I can't wait. I also found out that the guy in the Subaru was my partners cousin and he had been planning to race me for weeks. Very glad he works dayshift like me.

how bad did you beat the subaru? what were the subaru mods?
Old 06-01-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beat him badly. Not even a race. He claims 385 rwhp with upgraded blow off valve on stock turbo , more boost, 4 into 1 race header, cams upgraded and I believe stock heads. I could be wrong. Thats all I remember.
I also had the A/c on full blast. He didn't even stay from the jump. It wasn't even a race. I think he just wanted to see what his car could do, and I showed him what my car would do. When he gets a bigger turbo, he might do better. I think he'll need race heads as well.