Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

High powered vettes inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High powered vettes inside

I have gotten everything you can for the rear and trans for my car but was wondering if the is a trasn mount that I could get instead of the one from Breathless performance. They want 200 for just a mount. Does anyone else make one? Is it even needed for 1000 rwhp ?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DTE has a differential strut brace for the C5... I do not think they are a vendor here so I cannot post a link to their website... I will PM you the link...

Old 05-31-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the PM

I already bought the strut brace. I was refering to the mount that goes between the rearend and subframe.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think vette brake products sells one.....it's like VBandP.com maybe?...

Yup..just looked at a vette mag..they advertise a HD trans brace.

800-237-9991
Old 05-31-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Guys I already bought a DTE brace. I need to know if there is a "mount" for the differential to subframe. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
Guys I already bought a DTE brace. I need to know if there is a "mount" for the differential to subframe. Thanks.

i understand. DTE makes the brace, you don't want that. you want the TRANSMISSON MOUNT...like motor mount. The factory replacment part, that you don't want factory, you want a Zinc coated metal piece. I know.

vette brakes and products, sells this.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for clearing it up. Do you think a solid piece is a good idea ? Or should there be some flex. I remember on old school **** that if it twisted it a solid mount may snap the driveline ,but if you used poly mounts it wouldnt do that. Do you know anybody that has one in their car? Thanks for the input.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also wanted to buy a poly rear end mount but dont know where to look, if you find one shoot up a link........ btw, if your going to be over 1khp dont expect the car to be bullet proof for many years and all types of abuse, thats an insane number for a C5, and if I'm ever down that way I'd love to go for a ride
Old 06-01-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

I know it will be a matter of time before something blows at that level but thats the price of doing business I guess. I just got the motor in the car and about 20 miles on it. The kit is sitting here ready to start getting put on I just wanted to break in the engine with no boost for awhile. I know myself if I had the boost Id use it like an idiot before its broke in. I ordered the Hptuner for it so I can get a base tune in it. It right now wont idle and surges pretty bad at low rpm. I have a long way to go before its done. Heres just a small list off the top of my head- cage,parashut,fuel system,turbo install,fab cold side,guages,all drive line parts installed,wheels,dyno tuning,injectors,relocate some stuff. Im sure theres more.

I just had a thought .When I get the trans and diff out Im going to take the mount and get some dimensions on it and call energy suspension and maybe they will have something close that I could get to work.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

I went ahead and got on vbandp.com and got their poly trans mount and motor mounts too while I was at it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet. Expensive? Interested myself.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Well not as expensive as Breathless performance. The mount if I remember right was 129 and motor mounts were 159?? If you look on their website you will be able to find them ok. I was only lookin for the trans mount then I saw rthe motor mounts and figured I would probably rip the stock ones to pieces on the first launch. Another note when I had the motor out of my car and the drivetrain still in ,you could literally move the drivetrain around if there was hardly anything holding it in. Thats why I was really lookin for a good mount.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

I got the mounts today and I have to say they are very nice looking and well made.

heres the link if anyone needs it.www.vbandp.com