Sponsored by:

My plan please review

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My plan please review

Hey all,
I have spend some time planning and tons of time searching. I think I have come up with what I want for my car, mod wise factoring how I use it.

What I want out of this car is around 400 WHP/WTQ stockish milage runs like stock behaves like stock lasts like stock. A must for someone after his masters and daily drives it.

I want it to handle better, sound better look cooler and have more power in the whole band maybe even a few extra revs.

That being said I'll list my current mods plans and hopefully some of you will comment on it. List ideas to add remove or what ever help you can give would be great.

Also to quickly add down line when I have more money to play with, or find pirate gold I'd like to TT the car so of the mods will go I'm aware.
Black/tan leather 99 z28:
Mti Clear lid :on now
"magna mouth" catback on now
Hurst/ LSS : waiting install
00+ WS6 rims and fuzion zris : on now
alpine type S door speakers : on now
Harlen shift light : on now
upgrades planned:
Koni DAs : I use the adjustments all time and have these on my race car.
Lowering spring of sorts : mild drop good all around rates
UMI adjustable panhard bar: I use adjustments and UMI looks well made plus it's same state as me.
T/A rear gridle: Looks cool, in theory it helps keep the 10 bolt alive, i'm on my 2nd...
Coated Pacesetters: Good long tube headers price is low
Catted Y: these cars sound better with cats plus I can pass smog no problem, and i'm a hippy j/k
Strano Sways: I really would love this car to handle as far sizes i'm not sure yet I've seen many of Sams posts and I would love to deal with him and support him
SLP LS6 intake mani: I'd like to keep EGR and I've not heard of way to add egr. smog reasons again.
Ported TB: Never hurts to do and cost is low.
!Air. I can get away with this and just to clean up bay.
Mild heads: ported LS6 or 5.3s would suit me well I think?
Mild cam: LS6 CheatR or hotcam? What would keep me like stock just more power all around and be ok for F/I down line?
Upgraded Push rods: Not sure what would work well?
Lifters: Ls6 will be fine for all 3 of the cams am I correct?
LS7 clutch and lightened fly : Smooth and will hold power i'm planning on making
Alpine speakers in sail and rear: I'm really happy with the ones in my door and not a huge car audio head so I should be ok with this, i'm told keeping all same brand can be a good thing too.
Alpine HU : I need an mp3 player in this car, before I kill a puppy. I hear rave reviews about these HUs.
c5 Vette Brake upgrade: Worth while? It seems like a great deal?
Brembo blanks : I really love these brakes work on my race car and are great for daily
Hawk HPS pads: Hold up on track no squeeling and heating needing
Gears 3:73s : I'm not even sure I want these or 4:10s stock is nice I really need to drive geared car before I make my mind up.

Last edited by Ace$nyper; 05-31-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C5 brakes, not worth the upgrade, C5 ZO6 brakes, yes. CheaTR cam will be the best for most power and stock idle, LS1/LS6 lifters are fine, I'd go with DMS springs to keep the drop decent and still get a good ride, !EGR won't be a problem, 01-02 cars didnt have it at all. With the mods listed and a good tune, you'll be good for 430RWHP.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh wow, thats more then I had hoped! Really !EGR doesn't effect smog too much I've been told it's not much power loss and when stepping up a size cam wise not much a reason to remove it other then looks but it really effects NOX and such.

Thank you much for the help and good news

Also what is the difference from base c5 brakes and z06?
Old 05-31-2006, 03:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trust
C5 brakes, not worth the upgrade, C5 ZO6 brakes, yes.
The C5 brakes and the C5 Z06 brakes are the same except caliper except the color. The only time this will not be beneficial is if you are just using the calipers and not the rotors and pads.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 05-31-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
The C5 brakes and the C5 Z06 brakes are the same except caliper except the color. The only time this will not be beneficial is if you are just using the calipers and not the rotors and pads.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
You mean the calipers are the exact same, just a different color? Sorry I couldn't tell by what you posted. I was always told different, good to know.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Trust
You mean the calipers are the exact same, just a different color? Sorry I couldn't tell by what you posted. I was always told different, good to know.
Yes exactly, the only difference in the Z06 caliper is it is Red and the C5 is black, silly huh? But thats the truth, don't worry I get that question a lot and I wasn't trying to be smart...just correcting the information.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 05-31-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Yes exactly, the only difference in the Z06 caliper is it is Red and the C5 is black, silly huh? But thats the truth, don't worry I get that question a lot and I wasn't trying to be smart...just correcting the information.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Ryan,
thanks so much! I didn't know that at all and I like the red it's sharp

I'll hopfully be making some orders soon then!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
Ryan,
thanks so much! I didn't know that at all and I like the red it's sharp

I'll hopfully be making some orders soon then!
No problem I am glad to help

If you need any help with any items we carry feel free to contact me and I am glad to help. Same goes with the C5 brake upgrade, we know that kit inside and out.

Thanks!
Ryan