Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do i rid of EGR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i rid of EGR?

i have a 2000 ss and would like to rid of gaudy egr. is it as simple as removing and gettin block off plates ? what about where it attaches to header. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

<small>[ February 10, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: willis 00 ]</small>
Old 02-10-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how do i rid of EGR?

There are a few people on this site who sell blockoff plates in the for sale section that are very nice. Thunder Racing also sells them. As for the hole on top of the intake manifold, you can buy a 1 1/4" - 1 3/8" expanding rubber freeze plug at Autozone. It works perfectly and makes a good, tight, seal.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: how do i rid of EGR?

Make your own block off plate out of steel flat stock. Use the flange on the header bung as a template. Stuff some foam K&N foam filter material up into the tube that leads to the EGR valve where you disconnected it from the header bung. Cut the filter material 1" square by 1' long. You can use a coat hanger to shove the filter up into the tube. The EGR works as normal EXCEPT that it flows clean filtered air from the atmosphere instead of the filthy exhaust gas and the exhaust goes out the tailpipe where it's supposed to go. You intake will thank you for it and you won't set any DTCs.