LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cams Cams Cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cams Cams Cams

Aight, I got a 93' LT w/ a moroso cold air intake and an exhaust. Would it be safe to throw in a cam with about .510 lift? If so wut else wuld i need....Rollers? Springs? ETC? Thankz Nate
Old 05-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Teching In

i had a full bolt on 94Z28 and installed a 224/228 .510/.510 114lsa cam and it made a huge difference in power. not only is it stronger all the way from idle to revlimiter but the powerband is moved way up...feels like it makes power until it shifts instead of being dead after 4k rpms. if you drive the car a lot i would recommend a similar sized cam, 1.6 roller rockers, and a tune. i have not replaced my valvesprings yet and have had no problems.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Launching!

DO NOT do a camswap without changing to the correct valvesprings. Nate you didn't post much about your car a4/m6, stall, goals of the car, street/strip, what exhaust you do have alot more is needed then what you put down.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Wut do u mean by A4 or M6? I jus want it to b a daily driver that sounds great and runs like a champ. I dont ever go to the tracks its jus my run around hellraisin vehicle. I want somthin that will idle real ruff n grumpy from the cam. I was also thinkin about puttin an LT4 intake on it, but i dunno if that would cause ne problems.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NateYSS350
Wut do u mean by A4 or M6? I jus want it to b a daily driver that sounds great and runs like a champ. I dont ever go to the tracks its jus my run around hellraisin vehicle. I want somthin that will idle real ruff n grumpy from the cam. I was also thinkin about puttin an LT4 intake on it, but i dunno if that would cause ne problems.
a4 is message board lingo for automatic four speed
m6 is lingo for manual six speed

That post didn't make much sense. A real rough idle is not something normally sought after in a daily driver. If you are looking at a rough idle just stick any old cam in there and don't tune it....just kidding really don't do that. What exhaust do you have? For full bolt on a Comp Cam 306 or GM 847 are about as big as you can go on stock heads. Would really like to have more information about your car.
An LT4 intake will not work unless you have LT4 heads.

Quick Reply: Cams Cams Cams