Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning programs??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning?? (LT1)

hey guys im kinda lost as far as tuning goes i can put everything together but as far as tuning i have no idea where to start.... i want to buy some tuning software that i can use myself (oh BTW its a 96 LT1 OBD2) and i have a laptop i can use... my main question is if i have tuning software on my laptop and i went in for a dynotune would they be able to use my laptop and tuning software to do the dynotune most of the shops nearby said i would need to provide my own tuning software because they dont deal with lt1's to much anymore.... i have all the mods in my sig and im running rich as heck, im thinking about sending the pcm to pcm4less they did the tune thats on it now for when it was stock and i did the A4 to M6 conversion, i really want to get it dynotuned though just for the accuracy, any tips would be appreciated

Last edited by NotAv6; 05-31-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LT1 tuning is a bit, um, different. I would go out on a limb & say if they arent familiar with tuning them & don't have the software to tune them you'd either be better off finding someone who is or doing the tuning yourself.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i talked to a shop in DFW and they said if i bring my own software they can do it but i want to be able to do the tuning some myself so thats kinda what im asking is what should i look for in that respect that and the fact that i dont even know what i can use to tune my LT1
Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tunercat or lt1 edit...another option would be to pull & save your stock file...get a mail tune...see what they did in comparison to the stock tune & then alter that...again lt1 tuning is much different from ls1's