Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forums.. WS7? WS9?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forums.. WS7? WS9?

Hey I am new to the forums, just recently started looking again for a LS1 Trans Am/Camaro.. big Chevy enthusiast, almost bought a LS1 Trans Am/Camaro a few times over the last few years.

Anyway my question is I have seen certain cars and mainly parts/badges that were listed or described as WS7 and WS9, as far as I know the WS6 was the only official badging/package for the TA's. What is the WS7, WS8, WS9, etc. stuff?

Keith
Old 06-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demo3k
Hey I am new to the forums, just recently started looking again for a LS1 Trans Am/Camaro.. big Chevy enthusiast, almost bought a LS1 Trans Am/Camaro a few times over the last few years.

Anyway my question is I have seen certain cars and mainly parts/badges that were listed or described as WS7 and WS9, as far as I know the WS6 was the only official badging/package for the TA's. What is the WS7, WS8, WS9, etc. stuff?

Keith
Well here goes...

It's basically unofficial badging ( although you can actually buy badges that carry those monikers) that applies to trans am's/ firebirds, that came from the factory w/o the ws6 option. Most people opt to call their car a WS- whatever because of an aftermarket, or factory style ws6 hood they put on.

WS7- refers to 93-97 cars
WS8- ????? never heard of that one before
WS9- there is an actual hood that has that designation, but it also refers to 98-02 cars

Hope that cleared some things up for you

Someone feel free to chime in and let me know if I'm way off the mark
Old 06-01-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ws7 is when someone makes a clone ws6 car and doesn't want to call their car a ws6 and ws9 formula canversion for a firebird (although trans ams have this caode as well) As stated above ws9 ia also referred to as a hood
Old 06-01-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To add to what has allready been said..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=ws7+ws9