Hello Texas, Im moving from cali...where should i move to in texas??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hello Texas, Im moving from cali...where should i move to in texas??

ok well i was born in houstan and movee to cali when i was 4 years old....cops here in cali are hard up for street racers, soooo i would like to move to texas in the next year or soo, where would the best place to move to texas BE?

i would like:

No smoG...(there is no smog in certain areas correct?)
Nice cops( hahah yea right, Not as uptight about well seasond street racers)
Lots of racing! street and track!
Track near BY
Lots of bitches!!

also i would like to meet some people that live in an area, that i could become friends with befor i would be moving to texas......

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA GETERDONE......i love the sport so much im movin for it!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

move to fort worth
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Thats honestly where i was thinking that or houstan! theres no smog in fort worth? lots of street racing?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seems like the racing scene is best in DFW or Houston, but IMO, the nicest part of the state is the Hill Country. Move to San Marcos and just watch all the college girls come and go.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

DFW.?? dallas fort worth?If so where is the closest track?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Houston has two awsome tracks, HRP (1/4) and HMP (1/8 mile, only a few years old). As far as street racing, the North side has always been the best place to go. I would honestly live on the southwest/west side. That area is developing really nicely. Going to the north side to street race would take all of 20 minutes on the beltway at night time. The Southwest and west side also have the least smog in my opinion.

If you want to live a little outside of houston, you can move to the woodlands. It's north of houston about 10 minutes and is real nice, but not too expensive, and pretty smog free. Right near a lot of the racing, plus only 20mins from the 1/8 mile track, and 20 minutes from the airport.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know about the track scene, I live just outside of Houston. But judging off the posts on here, there are a few tracks in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

But honestly, hill country, no smog, tons of bitches. Austin,San Antonio,San Marcos all have colleges in them and are all party towns. They ****** rock.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

college station if you want driving skills required, hotties galore

dallas. no smog, lot of tracks, but traffic/roads suck.

austin. no smog, traffic sucks, no tracks, hotties

houston- mexicans, traffic isnt horrible, smog, nothing to do, mexicans, woodlands / spring is nice. tracks are popping up
Old 06-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Launching!

I live in and like Bryan / College Station. No smog. There are several tracks around, but all are about 2 hours away ( one will be about 1hr when it is opened as a 1/4 in a few months. Like the weather as well. The street scene is not as good as houston, but we don't have smog if it is that important to you. College town, so the girls always stay the same age

James
Old 06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
SSU Moderator

Hi. Dallas has smog testing. Well...a stiff visual + OBD2 plug-in. Its that way in Collin county, Dallas county, etc. You'll need to find a county in the sticks to avoid all testing (read: Grayson county..maybe Rockwall). Anywho, DFW has Redline Raceway (NICE prep, clean, 1/8-mile), Denton Raceway or something like that (1/8, never been), Kennedale (NICE prep, clean, recently upgraded, 1/8), some shitty tracks, and 45min south is Texas Motorplex (Ennis 1/4-mile, NHRA, etc.).

I'd personally move down south near Houston (but not IN Houston---shitty, dirty) where there's no emissions testing and the land is a ton cheaper than up here. For the same 150k I could have had an acre lot and 2200sqft near Houston vs. the 60x110 w/ 1900sqft.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

tondSS- DFW is nice and its got its parts that are still rural. There's Ennis (1/4) about 45 min from pretty much everywhere and theres kennedale (1/8) that super close maybe 15 min away if youre in ft worth or arlington (arlington is between dallas and fortworth)

edit: Im sure we could help you find a friendly inspection place

mikespeed95- the **** is your problem with mexicans, texas is now one of 4 or 5 states that have more than 50% of its population hispanic, if you dont like it move to ****** ohio. Matter of fact, its not even that bad, its not like you live in brownsville or el paso or **** even san antonio. Keep your negative racist comments to yourself. If he had asked where the nearest ****** clan meeting was then maybe you couldve thrown your two cents in
Old 06-01-2006, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

houston has the fastest cars -- so if u want some compition for urs then houston is the place to move
Old 06-01-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

ha houston stock
Old 06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some nice places on the south side of Htown. I live in Friendswood, and so do my parents, but they are looking at house down town in the villages etc. Houston is nice just really humid.

Thomas
Old 06-01-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

i went to hill country last weekend...some crazy chick jumped in our raft and made out with one of our girls....too bad the 2 chicks we had out with us were the only hot ones...

but i live in fort worth...traffic here is not so bad...no smog...and i host car meets and someone already mentioned ennis and kennedale and you can always make a little drive n go to redline...i dunno i like it here...
Old 06-01-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1gen
mikespeed95- the **** is your problem with mexicans, texas is now one of 4 or 5 states that have more than 50% of its population hispanic, if you dont like it move to ****** ohio. Matter of fact, its not even that bad, its not like you live in brownsville or el paso or **** even san antonio. Keep your negative racist comments to yourself. If he had asked where the nearest ****** clan meeting was then maybe you couldve thrown your two cents in

first off blow me. ill defend myself by saying making english the official language of this country is the best thing to happen to it in the 21st century. thanks and pull thru, thanks for at least speaking my country's language.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned

TONY!!! hey man, if ya move up here around Fort Worth, Weatherford would be a good area, there's no smog over there and it's about 20 minutes from the local 1/8mile track. what kind of business are you in? btw, i'm still working on a price for ya on the th400
Old 06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
TONY!!! hey man, if ya move up here around Fort Worth, Weatherford would be a good area, there's no smog over there and it's about 20 minutes from the local 1/8mile track. what kind of business are you in? btw, i'm still working on a price for ya on the th400

*glares* since youre in the area why dont you come to the ftw gtg 2night mister!? and leave your depends at home hehe
Old 06-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

because i'm not much into the gtg scene, most of the people that go are usually not my kind of people. i'm more of a go to the track and run kind of guy than a stand around and bs one.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by skipperbisket

sweet bro im still waiting for your price! ill let you know when im coming, im in college full time pretty much, so nothing special on the bussines...but call me soon!
thanks for all your help guys!