Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

12" centerforce installed

Old 06-01-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Default 12" centerforce installed

Wrapped up my clutch install tonight.

I dont know why everyone complains about bleeding these cars?
I cracked the bleeder screw for about 30 seconds, closed it, and pumped the clutch 3 or 4 times and the clutch pedal feels almost exactly as it did before.
Easy as pie. Never even had to pump and bleed once. Just gravity bled it for about 30 seconds is all it needed.

Anyway....everything is going good and I am happy with the clutch so far except I have a few questions.

Is it normal for the clutch to want to grab more than the stocker when taking off ? it doesnt like to be slipped very much at all....and wants to jump on me a little bit if I try and drive it like I did the stocker.

Will this go away with time? if not it isnt a really a big deal...I could get used to it...but it is just kind of annoying not being able to slip the clutch very much on take off. It is going to take some practice for me get the smooth takeoffs down.

Would it hurt to go WOT on the clutch this early as long as I dont do any hard shifts? or is it not even worth the risk?

thanks for the input, Troy
Old 06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I put about 50 more city miles on the car today and the vibration taking off is just about gone.

I am guessing this is normal for a brand new clutch?

Search this Thread