General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Seafoam through PCV

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam through PCV

how do you run the seafoam through the PCV, i know its the hose going from the valve cover to the throttle body, but which end do you disconnect and run it through??? also does this method work better than the brake booster way or the oil filler tube way????
Old 06-01-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

i would like to know as well, and i know there is a plug going in to the rear driver sode valve cover. Where all do I put the seafoam, cause I usually run it through the brake booster line.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

I actually unplugged the line going to the intake on the passengaer side. Hooked up a small rubber line from that nipple on the side ran it into the bottle. Had some one start the car keep it idleing untill empty. Shut car off and waited 5min like bottle states. Than started and bugs beware. White smoke the whole neighbor hood. Good luck
Old 06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

well i know how to run it through the brake booster hose but im not sure how you can run it through the PCV on the passenger side. so Khris99s you unplugged the PCV line going from the valve cover to the throttle body??? or did you unplug the one on the back of the engine???
Old 06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by khris99s
I actually unplugged the line going to the intake on the passengaer side. Hooked up a small rubber line from that nipple on the side ran it into the bottle. Had some one start the car keep it idleing untill empty. Shut car off and waited 5min like bottle states. Than started and bugs beware. White smoke the whole neighbor hood. Good luck
So if i run it through the brake booster line will that only take care of the driver side engine bank? And I run it through the passenger side PVC line that willl take care of the passenger side engine bank??

Travis
Old 06-01-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

i believe the brake booster goes into the back of the intake so it would be even distributed through the intake ports, and therefore go to bothsides of the engine, and the oil filler tube way gets to the oil pump and cleans out any slug possibly.

Quick Reply: Seafoam through PCV