Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Findlay, Ohio...Anyone?

Old 06-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Findlay, Ohio...Anyone?

Anyone here from Findlay, Ohio or the somewhat surrounding area? I have seen more and more F-bodies running around this year than I remember from years past. There has to be someone on here...

(Blackraven you don't count since you never drive in Findlay... )
Old 06-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Well that sucks...Nobody at all?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found out that the Ohio people don't have much to say.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I haven't been to Findlay too much since I actually have to work unlike some people(XtinctZ28).
Old 06-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by blackraven
Sorry I haven't been to Findlay too much since I actually have to work unlike some people(XtinctZ28).
Thats BS, you don't go to Findlay even when you dont have to work. And you know damn well when I get my car out it is NOT in the middle of the day so work has **** to do with it.

If you dont have time to drive that bitch now, how are you ever going to be able to after your little tri-cycle motor gets here in August?
Old 06-02-2006, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

If you count toledo as surrounding area......I'm here.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by trigger1
If you count toledo as surrounding area......I'm here.
Thats close enough... Do you ever get down this way?

I saw a thread a short while ago about the Mansfield peeps, I just wish there were more locals on here.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Actually I have family down that way. I get down there every now and then. I think the one time I had my car down to columbus for tuning I ran into koolrayz (silver TA on a trailer) as I was leaving. Sat around and shot the **** with them for a minute out in the parking lot. That's about the extent of meeting other ls1 guy's in Ohio. Up here it's all about fox bodies.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then you have lots to play with. It's mostly SRT4s around Youngstown.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

We have a few quick srt's around here. Dasmopar and vector (if you get on any srt messageboards). A bunch of foxbodies, few 03/04 cobras, few lt1 cars, a couple SLOW ls1 cars around here (mine included). I dunno it's a decent street scene, nothing like what goes on in detroit though.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

This is a listing of all tracks near us here in Dayton.

Dayton area guys: http://dayton-fbody.com
Don't forget the columbus guys here: http://www.cofba.org
The Cincy guys here: http://www.gcfba.net
and
The Northern Kentucky guys here: http://nkyfba.homeip.net
Old 06-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

We have the usual rice (SRT4's, WRX's, RX7's, etc, etc) only a couple are considered fast. A few LT1's, maybe 15 LS1's, and maybe 4 GTO's. More V6 Camaros than anything and most of the LS1's are TA's. As far as Stangs go we have 2 or 3 03/04 Cobras, a Saleen something or other, and a few Fox bodies, but mostly V6's and the New GT's. The Cobras are the bad boys of that bunch and for some reason the Ford guys hang with the rice crowd usually. Kinda sucks.

We have the occasional Viper, Vette, and older muscle cars that want to play but not very often. (Everyone but Blackraven will play with the Vipers )

Most of the vette owners are 45+ so not much fun there, but we are only about 55,000 to 65,000 people so not near the action as Toledo or Youngstown.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

I am still pretty much stock so I got nothing for the Viper's. Plus now I am waiting for a bracket for my BBK from another LS1tech member who shall remain nameless at this time.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually I have family down that way. I get down there every now and then. I think the one time I had my car down to columbus for tuning I ran into koolrayz (silver TA on a trailer) as I was leaving. Sat around and shot the **** with them for a minute out in the parking lot. That's about the extent of meeting other ls1 guy's in Ohio. Up here it's all about fox bodies.
I remember. I had 500 miles on my new engine and poped a head gasket on the dyno. Note to self dont trust engine builders that like felpro gaskets put down 714rwhp with a 2 stage 5177 dry kit that CAT3 has now
Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Regular

I haven't been in the Midwestern Members section for months it seems. Guess I'll have to check in more regularly.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We have a few quick srt's around here. Dasmopar and vector (if you get on any srt messageboards). A bunch of foxbodies, few 03/04 cobras, few lt1 cars, a couple SLOW ls1 cars around here (mine included). I dunno it's a decent street scene, nothing like what goes on in detroit though.
Dude, you are far from slow. I call slow "bone stock". But I guess one mans fast is another mans slow.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by koolrayz
I remember. I had 500 miles on my new engine and poped a head gasket on the dyno. Note to self dont trust engine builders that like felpro gaskets put down 714rwhp with a 2 stage 5177 dry kit that CAT3 has now

Car looked good when you guys pulled it in on the trailer. I need to get back down and have Bill play with car on the dyno some more. I have since added a few things.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 89KARR
Dude, you are far from slow. I call slow "bone stock". But I guess one mans fast is another mans slow.

We figured out that deadhook and bog issue with the launches, I can't wait for our rain date to come up for the track rental. I should have my fast 90mm setup installed by then...I might be able to get the kook's installed as well, crossing my fingers for that one.

Car put the stick to "sonic" to the 1/8th mile this past weekend, after the 1/8th he out HP'ed me in a bad way and ended up putting a car to a car and a half on me in the 1/4th. Outta the gates I yanked a solid car on him and kept it to the 1/8th. ( Sonic= Blue cobra 1.6ish sixty foot times 122plus mph traps)

Any fbod guys interested in coming up to toledo one of these friday's saturdays? Street scene is so so here but if you are within 45 minutes it would be worth it just for the change of scenery.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

I should have my fast 90mm setup installed by then...

Any fbod guys interested in coming up to toledo one of these friday's saturdays? Street scene is so so here but if you are within 45 minutes it would be worth it just for the change of scenery.
I would be interested in heading up there one of these weekends. I think you'll see one of my friends this weekend for a sale if I'm not mistaken. I would like to see your setup and see the scene in T-town and maybe bring a couple of friends up.

I have no clue when that might be, but hopefuly some time here before summer gets too far up on us.

As for the Fast 90 setup, what are you running now? Just curious...
Old 06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We figured out that deadhook and bog issue with the launches, I can't wait for our rain date to come up for the track rental. I should have my fast 90mm setup installed by then...I might be able to get the kook's installed as well, crossing my fingers for that one.

Car put the stick to "sonic" to the 1/8th mile this past weekend, after the 1/8th he out HP'ed me in a bad way and ended up putting a car to a car and a half on me in the 1/4th. Outta the gates I yanked a solid car on him and kept it to the 1/8th. ( Sonic= Blue cobra 1.6ish sixty foot times 122plus mph traps)
Yeah, I read all that on TT. And then the arm thing? Dude, 0 fer 2? LOL. I thunk you had all that **** installed already. So you have no Kooks or FAST on yet? Wow. So you really are "cam only" on stock manis, cats and catback? That stuff installed oughta shake things up a little.

I hope our rain date is a couple months out. Maybe cool down a little or maybe we'll catch a break and get a cool night if it ends up in June/July. My Kooks install is pushed back till at least the first week of July. As long as it's after that, I'm straight.

BTW, were you or anyone else a member of NWOF-bodies? We had a get together last year, and the site went down nearly a year ago now. But I would like to get a group of F-bodies together in the NW Ohio area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Findlay, Ohio...Anyone?