Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will headers.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will headers.....

will headers void my warranty?
Old 02-16-2003, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: will headers.....

No. The only way an aftermarket product can void a warranty is if it directly causes a failure. For example: you install headers one day, the next day your clutch dies...not related in the least. Therefore your warranty lives on. However, lets look at it this way: you install headers one day, the next day your O2's go **** up. You're probably hosed. Now you and I know that headers shouldn't burn O2's but dealers will grab for anything to void a warranty or part of it.

<small>[ February 16, 2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: 99ZEOD ]</small>
Old 02-16-2003, 02:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

According to the law, the warranty only voids the part you are replacing. My experience is that the dealer will deny warranty work no matter what. If your rear end blows up and you have a Pro 5.0 shifter then they wont replace it.
Or they will blame your aftermarket floormats on your broken window motor. It couldn't be the crappy window motor, not in a million years.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I was actually suprised the dealer didn't give me any **** for the SLP loudmouth when I took it their to get my SES light fixed. The found out that one of the CATS messed up. They did say that it happened because their was "no backpreasure", heh.

They are covering it, but so far its been one week and I still haven't recived a call that the parts came in to fix the car, err.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by chikn:
<strong> I wonder why dealers would deny warranty work though.. They get money by doing repairs. I was a service advisor in a ford dealership and I didnt care what your problem was, if I could get it covered under warranty I would because I got paid for it. The more work in the door the more money in my pocket. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the driving motivation is that the shops get paid less for warranty work than they would by charging the customers directly. They want their cake and they want to eat it.