Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Worthy of being called a kill ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worthy of being called a kill ?

Ok, here it is, I was on the way back from South Center Mall to drop of my bud in White Center ( so any that know the area ) and I see a set of HID headlights darting back and forth on the road behind me, swerving it's way amongst traffic. I think "Idjit.." James and I grin at each other as this guy slides up along side me... then his window rolls down.
"Hey buddy..." this kid says..now I say kid as I am damn near 40 and he looked like my teenage son...."That old rattle-trap got any nut ?" was his question..
I momentarily ponder if he drove like an utter *** down the road to merely ask me that all important query. Then I respond " Enough." My car isn't the demon that some of you drive, small cam, small stall, A4, catback and a lid, few other basics and some minor suspension stuff, but it's not a 305 HO either.
I eyeball this kid's car, black, fairly new 97-02 BMW coupe, nice rims and sneakers on them, I am not completely familiar with the Beemer models so forgive me if I don't know model and displacement, I know it was a 3 series, and it was not a M.... at least I hope it wasn't.
About this time the driver's buddy yells "Chevy's suck !!" and the kid tromps it.
I glance and James, thinking in my head, he gonna be ok with this. He looks back, slightly astonished. "What the hell are you doin.........Catch that schmuck and teach him manners God dammit !!" ( That's fairly close if not accurate quote)
About the time he said ..teach.. my foot was to the boards, I wasn't really expecting a race, I don't do it regularly, so I didn't think to look at the speedometer, but I would say about 30ish when he stamped on it. I remember thinking he was a bit ahead, a couple lengths maybe.'
I caught him so fast I thought he stopped racing, so I let off, no fun to race someone that simply watches you go by, then I realized he was either still in it, or perhaps he let off to wait for my reaction, but he was going for it, so I stamped it down again.
By 90-100 I got VERY nervous, cars ahead, side streets and this is a 45 ish kinda area, so I tromped the brakes and slowed down... Hehehe he arrived at my door just about the time I broke 50 mph and slowing..
I hear it's a ricer thing, but he flew on by and at about 300 yards up the road his hazards came on ? What the hell is that about..
I was simply to much a coward I guess to chase him down and run him again, it's one thing to risk my car and health, somethin else to risk some innocent passerby ..
That it, thanks for reading..I am sorry for the long winded post, I run at the mouth ( err keyboard) a bit
Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is one of the main reasons I hate young people in "expensive" cars. Just a steriotype I guess, but yeah. That was rice. good kill
Old 06-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

Yeah, VERY NICE! You definately got the textbook ricer flyby with the hazards on as icing on the cake, bonus points. I caught a couple of ****** in a CLK 430 after class one night and they tried to romp on me, humbling ensued. I wouldn't call it a kill, maybe a chin-check.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Wise decision in ending the race, **** happens (see sig). I remember after getting out of a movie one friday night, this 16-17 yo rolls up in a brand new 330 vert and these 3 hotties all run over to check it out; he gives them a little walk around tour of it and then they all get in and take off. My friend and I were just sitting in my car chuckling watching this, so I went after them. When I caught up to them, threw some revs but he wouldn't even turn his head to glance over; guess he didn't want to get spanked the first day he had the car, especially with a bunch of chicks witnessing.