Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lid and slp bellows?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lid and slp bellows?

How safe (as far as keeping dirt and stuff out of the motor)are aftermarket lids and slp bellows? I was just wondering because I just put them on and it seems as if the lid is not secured down on the filter and bellows seems like it won't go all the way on the bottom of the mass air sensor? Are the lid and bellows secure like that or are they not suppost to be like that?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2003, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: lid and slp bellows?

The lid and Bellow should be tight and secure on everything. Try making sure that the filter is in all the way and not obstructing the lid. Make sure that the lid is in it's right place when clamping it down, if it's not it wont fit properly. The bellow should fit all the around the MAF. try putting the bottom of the bellow on first and wiggle it on to the top of the MAF. You just have to play with it a little bit. I have had no problem with dirt or anything thing getting past the lid or bellow, Mine was totally sealed.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:34 AM
TECH Veteran

...my SLP lid does not fit either....it is a poor design....

...what filter are you using? Take out the filter and see if the lid fits the air box...if yes, your filter is not compatible with your lid...
Old 02-26-2003, 11:04 AM
Launching!

It took me about 10 minutes of cussing to get the bellow on. The bellow is stiff and doesn't give much room to play with. Unfortunately for me I have the 85mm MAF so I put that side on first and did the throttle body with the maf and lid already attached. This made out to be a pain, but probably easier than trying to get the bellow on the MAF when the bellow is already clamped to the TB. I used a tiny smidge of K&N oil on the outside neck of the TB to assist in sliding the bellow. Since the lid pushes on the bellow there won't be any problem with that.