Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Lt1 drag times

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Lt1 drag times

So last year i ran a 13.9 at 102 with a 2.2 60ft, this year i got long tube headers, madz28 tune, electric cutout, new tires Hankook k104's to rplace my bald bfgoodrich's,and a airlift air bag. My car also has 17" firehawk rims and a ebay cold air intake. So I ran a 13.5 at 106 and high 2.3 60ft with the headers tune and cutout. I dont know why my 60ft's are worse but the air bag did stop the wheel hop. Since the drag strip I have intalled my Adj BMR torque arm and set it at -3 degrees, and purchased some BMR lower control arm relo brackets. I also have a set of stock rims im looking to put some bfgoodrich drag radials on. So do you guys think i have enough mph to get into high to mid 12's after getting my 60 ft down. Also is my car on average for an intake and full exhaust. Thank alot

-Jon

p.s car is a m6

Last edited by Jditlfm; 06-04-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your 60' times probably went down because...more power on regular tires = less traction overall. Lower the PSI in those suckers to 20ish and that will help. With the drag radials, beware of ripping your crappy 10 bolt apart (i'm also scared for my car!). With those kinds of times, you'll be lucky to hit a 13 flat even with the drags. They'll help with the 60' time but still...it's not like you're launching with slicks at 4k rpms. You'll still have to work the clutch a bit or you'll spin the tires through much of 1st gear.
I would say drags are good for .5 off the times of 350+rwhp cars...maybe .3 off for guys like us. Good luck though.