Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 Z06 vs Procharged 98 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 Z06 vs Procharged 98 Cobra

Well last night we meet up with a bunch of friends and were just hanging out in a parking lot when a Black Cobra pulls in and parks. We didnt pay much attention to him and I figured he got out of his car and was talking to people. Maybe 15 mins later our buddy comes up and says hey you guys wanna run the Cobra, we were like yeah why not. So he goes over and starts talking to him then my wife goes over and starts talking to him. He started to get a crowd by his car so I went over and he popped his hood he had a Procharger boosting 12 psi. I know he had an exhaust, but dont know what other mods. We head out to race and as were on the freeway he pulled up and floored it, my wife was in 4th so she just floored it not really in her powerband and suprisingly he didnt pull away, once she got into her powerband she started to pull him, had maybe 1 car on him and had to let off. So I knew ok she should take him once we get to the racing spot.

We get to our "track" and they line up and they both get decent launches and are pretty even for a bit then the Z starts to pull. She said she had about 3-4 cars on him (she could see him in her rearview) He said he was putting down like 390 on one dyno and 420 on another, we have some video the we'll post up once we get it from our friend. All in all it was pretty cool, the guy was very cool so maybe we'll start to see him around
Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice run, can't wait to see the vid.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kill. I had a 97 with a 9psi Vortech, full exhaust and 4:10's and it went 11.78@122. This was in favourable conditions on slicks with 18" chrome saleen's on the front. I pulled an 01 Z06 that was going 12.3's@116 on the expressway on the way to the track. Even the older ones go alright with some boost.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:45 AM
TECH Regular

Nice...Yeah I been bugging my buddy for the vids, I have one of my Cobra vs an SRT 4 too and hes been lagging.