General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

power window motor help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default power window motor help !!!

power window motor crapped out with the window down how do i get back up until i can get a replacement motor put back in it. just looking for a temp fix till tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you already tried raising it after a few minutes, inch at a time thing?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

It is completely gone. It doesn't do anything at all
Old 06-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Sorry to say if its gone its gone, keep it out of the rain!! I had the same issue with the passenger side window. It is the window motor, do not buy the cheap imitation ones on eBay (14.99) Buy the better OEM one for 39.95 or more. I had to find the directions online on how to do it. It does require some patience as you have to drill the rivets out in the door frame that hold the stock motor in place. Once removed the rest is fairly easy, the motor i bought on ebay did not come with hardware, I recommend buying the bolts, washers and a locking nuts from a hardware store (only about a buck) I had no experience going into this project and it took me just about an hour, the hardest part was figuring out where and what to drill out. Now that I have the knowledge I'd say 25 minutes top to remove and install another.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

dude, bump that crap that the guy above me said. I bought a low priced aftermarket one from eBay. Works PERFECTLY fine for years now! Its not tough at all to replace it, it took me less than one hour. Shoot, I even remember doing it in the morning before work. Look around, theres a good install writeup somewhere, thats what I used!. Good luck bud!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Teching In

bump that crap???
Dude can you read? I wrote takes about an hour for a first timer. As far as your low cost aftermarket one on eBay congrats that it has held up over the years, wow I was WAY off the mark on this post paying 39.95....keep your day job

30th LS1 woot woot