Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Help on Tire Decision

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help on Tire Decision

i have a bit of a delema. i had/have a brand new set of BFG kDW2's on my black Zo6 rims (17x9.5 and 18x10.5) i have 255-40-17 front and 295-35-18 on the rears. i had a bit of an accident....wheel came off, don't ask...anyways. all 4 tires had about 50 miles on them. i ordered a brand new rim and tire the next day. Tomz got me a new rim a few days later and the BFG 295 (rear tire) is still on back order and this was about a month or more ago! since that happened...my 10 bolt **** out again, and i just finished the install on my new 9" from Scott @ DLS. i have my chrome 10 spokers back on for now but i don't want to wait any longer for a new damn tire to throw my black rims back on.

since i have a 9" now i really want some DR's, so i figure get some Nitto's and be done with it! i found nitto has a 305-35-18 as well as a 305-45-18. even though this is a larger size than the 295, i hear BFG's run large, and nitto's run small...so would this 305 tire be about the same as what i have now???? also, the whole thing about the ABS not working with different diameter tires is not a big deal as i no longer have ABS with my 9" anyways....

any suggestion on any other tires in this size range. im pretty sure i could even go with 315's on these rims, but i havent found many 315 tires in 18" sizes, let alone DR's....anyways sorry for the enormously long post, for anyone that reads it all and has any input or suggestions on a tire to pick, thankyou!