Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Destroyed my POS Kuhmos

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Destroyed my POS Kuhmos

Its new tire time baby, so you know what that means!!!!! The old ones get the living **** flailed out of them!!!!!

I think I did a good job at it, the pics speak for themselves.

The tread actually flew off the tires!!! The left side tire had no tread left on it, it all flew off in huge chunks, the right side had big chunks of tread gone, but there was still some there. This was caused by 3 30 second brake stands and burnouts!!! These shitty tires pissed me off because I still hadn't made it to the empty parking lot to do donuts.

So Kuhmo Estica Supras are the worst tires ever, noisy, don't balance, ride like ****, didn't hook, and wore out in 20k miles. Even when I wanted to burn them up, they self destructed with plenty of good tread left.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good thing that i didn't buy those tires for my car
Old 06-07-2006, 04:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn...i have kumho ecsta's....oh well ill be gettin zohsix rims and new tires soon so i was already gonna destroy them
Old 06-07-2006, 05:33 AM
On The Tree

great for front ONLY, actually
Old 06-07-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess they got hot and the tread seperated, like the underinflated Firestone tires on explorers a few years ago. Although I checked them after I did the burnout and they were at 34psi.

I actually got lucky that these things didn't blow out on me in the middle of nowhere, I drove 15 miles back to my house with them in that condition
Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had them on the front....worked fine. If you were looking for traction out of a tire with a wear rating like the supra's.....well I would have to think you were dumb in the first place.

If you wanna hook...get something sticky on the back. Simple as that. Try the Kumho V700's, unshaved, and non-heat cycled....hook like a drag radial and still maintain highspeed cornering ability.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've gotten BFGoodrich T/A KDW's on all four corners now. Life is good, much better traction than those POS Kuhmos, those Kuhmos wouldn't hook anywhere in first when they were brand new. They ride better too, the tech could actually get them to balance(might be that I went to the dealership to have them put on, they work on Vettes and know what they're doing).

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
Try the Kumho V700's, unshaved, and non-heat cycled....hook like a drag radial and still maintain highspeed cornering ability.
But how are they in the rain? And are they scary as **** in the rain after a few thousand miles of wear and 30 passes on the strip?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
I've had them on the front....worked fine. If you were looking for traction out of a tire with a wear rating like the supra's.....well I would have to think you were dumb in the first place.

If you wanna hook...get something sticky on the back. Simple as that. Try the Kumho V700's, unshaved, and non-heat cycled....hook like a drag radial and still maintain highspeed cornering ability.
Probably, but wouldn't the super stiff road race sidewalls kill your launch/60' and negate the traction gains of the tread/compound??