Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need head advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need head advice

My money has been tied up the last while in buying guns so the truck (99 5.3 silverado) has been ignored. After doing a burnout with a buddy a couple weeks ago I remembered just why I loved souping up my truck. I'm interested in getting head work or an entire set of new heads.

Here is what I can remember that I've done performance wise so far:
Tranny and Rear: Team Tripp 4L60e w/ shiftkit, vette servo, TCI streetfighter 3000, of course a cooler, and an Auburn Positrac
Engine: K&N FIPK, freemods, headers, removed cats, dynomax ultraflow muffler dumped @ axle, 02 LS6 cam, 5900 shiftpoint, all tied together with a PCM4Less tune. Seems like I'm forgetting a thing or two here.

I'ld be willing to spin the engine up to 6100 or so to get a little more power with some new heads, so they wouldn't need to flow up to 7K or anything.

I'm looking for a bang for buck kinda thing here. I do not want to spend the extra $ for the top of the line heads. Any hints on what to get or where to look?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:29 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PRC 5.3 2.5 stage 100% CNC ports. That would give you the bang you are looking for! TSP offers those heads. ------->