PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone willing to comment on my HPT VE tuning efforts (attached bin, and log)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone willing to comment on my HPT VE tuning efforts (attached bin, and log)

I would appreciate any feedback as to where I may be going horribly wrong or something I may have overlooked.

Thus far, I have been concentrating on getting the LTFT's under control and I think I have finally made some progress.
I prioritised the fuel trims as I wanted to minimize richness fouling up components like Sparks and 02's. So nothing else besides the VE has been touched.

I had used several of the online resources and guides, and tried several different ways to get to the VE that I am at now.
So i have not followed one guide word for word thus far, but kindof a mixture.
My thinking is, there is a "Perfect VE" for my mods, aka perfect # for every VE cell, and how you get that number doesn't matter as long as you eventually end up there.

I have not done any WB02 tuning yet, as I don't have one.
(I have tried to stay out of WOT during the entire process, wich is really hard I might add)

Process Summary:
-All done with MAF P0103 error per setting freq to 0
-Reset trims, Drove 100 mi to let trims learn, logged additional 20 minutes or so, added the LT/ST FT averages to Pri and Secondary VE , smoothed, repeat

Comments:
-Car almost seems sluggish in lower RPM, not sure if this is just a misperception, or if I need to tweak transmission properties to adjust, but it just feels weak down low, and slow to respond. Nothing drastic, and I'd like another drivers opinion, or maybe im just paranoid.
-Shifts HARD into Drive or Reverse after cold starts. Can't think of why this would be. I'm hoping more reading will clear it up, but I can't think of why that would happen. If there's an answer, i'd love to hear a hint to get me thinking in the right direction.
-I don't have any unexpected DTC's except for removed EGR and MAF.
I had a Heater Performance on each bank ONE TIME but that has since gone away. P0135/P0155
-Havn't adressed KR yet, and will try to soon, it worries me, especially in the log attached, at one point its at 4.

Here's my most recent log, and the tune it was built from (.zip)

HP Tuners version 2.x

That's all I can think of for now.
I'd appreciate any comments anyone is willing to share.
Thanks alot folks.
DJ
Old 06-07-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LTFTs and O2s look really good. You are on the right track.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Your PE is still set to 1.250 (11.76), seems kind of fat. Log Commanded AFR nextime.

MAF fail still set to 0.

WOW, lots of timing. I think your running too much.

Your IAT spark advance correction starts pulling at 98* IAT. I set mine to start at 122*. Max engine torque vs rpm vs gear table set to 1280 when it says max is 640. Not sure if that matters though.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Excellent, thanks for the comments folks.