Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Questions about LS1 mods, and trap speeds

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions about LS1 mods, and trap speeds

Hello again. I posted here a few weeks ago, I own a '94 Mazda Rx-7 that I am comtemplating dropping a LS1 in. I have been on this forum since then searching about modifications, and with all the choices, it just seems overwhelming to know what head/cam will work the best together. So I just was here wanting to know if anyone could just point me in a direction toward either a place where I can buy pre-matched head/cam setups, or at least list a good combination that will achieve my goals. I want trap speeds in the 125-130mph range (~2750lbs car, 4.10 gears and T-56 trans). Im thinking for this I will need ~450RWHP+. I dont really care about ETs, not that big of a drag racer. Also I would like the engine more suited to higher RPM power. Also a sniffer test is a slight concern of mine, but I could probably get around it if absolutely necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also aware that I would need all valvetrain supporting mods, such as springs, retainers and pushrods, so if anyone could point me to a good brand of these also, thatd be great. Thanks..
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are going to want to use a newr LS1 block (00-02 I think) as the 98/99 has poor oil circulation after 6300 or so.