Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Hot Rod Power Tour was a BLAST!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Hot Rod Power Tour was a BLAST!!

Just got back from the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour..what a blast.. ...I made friends with the head honcho at Mobil One and he got me and 3 other guys a personel tour of Roger Penske's Racing facility yesterday morning...I knew going it in was going to be impressive..but the scale of everything was so massive that I tried not to drool while we were be shown the place..NASA has nothing on these guys..480,000 square feet...Itialian tile floors covered the whole place nad it was clean enought to eat off the floors..not a speck of dust or dirt anywhere in the facility..they even had two race cars in the gift shop.. ..must have been 30 race cars there and more being built..Roger has deeeeep pockets and it shows every place you turn in the place...the Falcons could play football in there and still have room for a lot of people to watch the game...The HRPT was major fun and I recomend it to all..I didn't run the whole tour but I did do the start at Kissimee, Fl., Gainesville, Fl., Perrry, Ga., Columbia, SC., and Roanoke, Vg... ...the car ran like a top the whole time..I hated to come home but had obligations to fulfill back here.. met some great car guys and it was 200% positive experience...
Old 06-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, glad it was a safe trip. I would have commited a large misdemeanor or a small felony to check out the Penske complex. I can imagine it though.

Did you ask the guy from Mobil how high gas will peak this summer?