LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bolt-on's

Old 06-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bolt-on's

Hey guys whats up i just recently purchased my 97 lt1 T/A and was wondering what the best bolt-on's for it would be thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

K&N or morso air intake, an exhaust, some long tubes *and while you are at it new spark plugs and wires*, you can do a bigger MAF sensor but some guys says it does nothing, Bigger throttle body, a tune *PCMforless.com or Madz28.com*

that should help
Old 06-08-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did LTs, exhaust, intake, computer tune, plugs/wires, fuel filter, fuel pump (all those things were very old), shifter, and had a blast. Skip the MAF, and do the LT4 KM. Check the basic "tune-up" components first, make sure the car runs RIGHT before digging into the mods, you'll save yourself headaches down the road Good luck.

-J
Old 06-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Lower control arms, panhard rod, subframe connectors, relocation brackets for the lower control arms, torque arm, safty loop, shocks and springs... If you just picked up your car and it is bone stock, i always suggest suspension first... others like to do some performance before they do suspension such as headers, y-pipe, and catback, however, like iv said a bunch of times, horse power is no good unless your putting it all to the ground... i can tell you from experience that my suspension mods were possibly the best mods i have done to my car so far... suspension alone can drop your quarter mile time a lot! Build from the ground up... after i did all of my suspension... my car felt like a new car all over again and now it runs better than it did the day i picked her up...
Old 06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ thats always true, good tires do that too :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bolt-on's