Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Reduced Power mode??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Power mode??

I've just installed a set of LG LT's and a Corsa indy catback, I didn't bother with the O2 sims because I am going to have the car tuned shortly.

My question is, my check engine light came on after the install and I want to know if the computer has gone into reduced power mode or if it's just throwing the code because it looks like the cats (going to be a track car, cats are gone) aren't doing there job (way high O2 readings)?

Any computer brains out there help me out.

thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you drive it around? does it have less power? Probably just a light to tell you that you dont have cats.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Teching In

I have driven it however I only drove it for about an hour before I started bolting stuff on so I didn't have much of a comparison. It'll still break the tires loose whenever I feel like doing it.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, i dont think its in limp mode.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are fine..... if it was in reduced power it would tell you on the DIC as well as definately tell something is up. Off topic but how well do you like the sound with your new set up? I'm contemplating switching to Corsa also.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the C5 goes into reduced engine power mode you'll know it because the car will only move at something like 5mph, and when you put your foot on the gas it will have the acceleration of a 1962 VW Beetle with two of it's spark plug wires removed.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Like the other had said, you'd know it when your in reduced engine power mode. It'll tell you on the DIC in front of you. Once this happens,...you'd have little throttle control, if any. For example, I went itno reduced engone power last saturday when my intake popped. The car, at this moment went into reduced engine power....and since I had a major vacum leak, I was at around 2k rpm. Was still able to get into 6th gear, and do 80mph.

It's no big deal for me cause I can re-flash the pcm when i'm out,...and it usually goes away.

I did go to reduced engine power when I put on my intake....and went through the gears. I didn't over rev it... it just went to reduced power. Reflashed it, didn't have a problem due to that again.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Patman
When the C5 goes into reduced engine power mode you'll know it because the car will only move at something like 5mph, and when you put your foot on the gas it will have the acceleration of a 1962 VW Beetle with two of it's spark plug wires removed.
Ive heard that some beetles do the 1/4 faster than they get up to 60. Thats like 20 something seconds.

Quick Reply: Reduced Power mode??