Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LG, TSP, Kooks or SW C5 headers????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Default LG, TSP, Kooks or SW C5 headers????

Which headers do y'all have and why do you reccomend them?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a SW 01 z06. I used the stainless works 1 7/8ths. The install was easy and the fit could not have been more perfect. They are expensive but hell, who cares as long as it makes power right? I have not had a chance to deal with any of the other manufacturers, but I would definitely recommend stainless works to anyone with a vette . Hope this helps, and good luck.

Rob
Old 06-09-2006, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

You left out a good choice - Dynatechs. They fit well, are good quality, and are cheaper than the usual "name brands". I gave $1150 for my system delivered. I haven't dynoed but there was a definite SOTP difference.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would add the American Racing headers that the Vette Doctors sell, to that list. I would chose between them and LG's.

Bruce
Old 06-09-2006, 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are all great headers man. They really are.

But, hands down...LG motorsports headers are the creme of the crop. Not saying anything bad about any company, cause there is nothing bad to say but....the LG's blow them outta the water when it comes to TORQUE. I have the Pro Long Tubes with 3 inch X pipe, off road,....and it is by far, one of the best mods i've ever done, on any car.

I've installed KOOKS as well but, when compaired to the LG's, they're noway even close to being the same length. SW's look like they are pretty badass but, "I" have never seen any info as far as numbers go,... But I have talked to them on the phone, and seem very proffesional and very cool to talk to.

You probably couldn't go wrong with any of them brother but...my vote is strongly on the LG's.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardtop
I would add the American Racing headers that the Vette Doctors sell, to that list. I would chose between them and LG's.

Bruce
That's the boat that I'm in right now. LG Pro's or AR/Vette Doctor........decisions decisions.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

But, hands down...LG motorsports headers are the creme of the crop. Not saying anything bad about any company, cause there is nothing bad to say but....the LG's blow them outta the water when it comes to TORQUE. I have the Pro Long Tubes with 3 inch X pipe, off road,....and it is by far, one of the best mods i've ever done, on any car.

I've installed KOOKS as well but, when compaired to the LG's, they're noway even close to being the same length. SW's look like they are pretty badass but, "I" have never seen any info as far as numbers go,... But I have talked to them on the phone, and seem very proffesional and very cool to talk to.

You probably couldn't go wrong with any of them brother but...my vote is strongly on the LG's.
I agree with all of this. A buddie of mine has Kooks, and they are nice headers, but not as long as LG. The new AM racing headers look real nice, and they are the only header I would consider with LG's. The pricing on them is nice as well. I would really like to see a comparison between the 2. I really don't think there would be much difference in power between the LG's and the AM racing headers. LG equiped cars usually make killer torque, so it would be a tough choice.

Bruce
Old 06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LG
Old 06-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Banned

LG headers
They're gonna be awesome BABY!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Dynatech, Kooks, Amercian Racing or LG

DT, done a bunch, simple install
Kooks, need to lift the motor, takes a bit more time, w/ heads not an issue
LG, never done a set
AR, never done a set, the owner is a former Kooks employee, they look like a standard Kooks LT w/ the LG collector, and easy to install, positive reviews
Old 06-09-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Another Vote for LG's. I'v seen several brands up close and went with LG's because i liked the designed better and are proven to perform.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Default Headers

Originally Posted by Avalanche2002
You left out a good choice - Dynatechs. They fit well, are good quality, and are cheaper than the usual "name brands". I gave $1150 for my system delivered. I haven't dynoed but there was a definite SOTP difference.

Could you tell us where you got those headers at that price? Thanks
Old 06-09-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well let me chime in on this LG friendly page. I totally endorse LG Pro Longtube headers. I love the sound, and the power. No cats, hooked to BBExhaust Bullitt no mufflers. This M/f'r is loud, and nasty. Scares the wannabees away. Makes great tq up top for those of us that want to stay in the top 1/2 of the speedo as much as possible.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Well let me chime in on this LG friendly page. I totally endorse LG Pro Longtube headers. I love the sound, and the power. No cats, hooked to BBExhaust Bullitt no mufflers. This M/f'r is loud, and nasty. Scares the wannabees away. Makes great tq up top for those of us that want to stay in the top 1/2 of the speedo as much as possible.
werd. same setup.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

I'm running the Dynatech supermaxx headers. I like them. I'd like to try a set of LG LT to see if there is any difference.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:09 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

LG STREET SERIES!!!!!!!!!

If you're not too worried about the last 5-8 hp that you would get with the LG Pros then these are the headers you want.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

Taking my vette to Synergy for a set of LG Pro Long Tubes I can't wait I feel like a little kid waiting for my big present
Old 06-09-2006, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

+1 for TSP headers

I have TSP headers, and 2.5inch catless X pipe on my 01 Z06 all for under $800

if money is no object thenby all means go for the LG Pro's
Old 06-11-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

LG pro long tubes are probably the best thing out there, but like Tripintaz said you will pay for them. They seem to run a few hundred more then the next guy. Since I have them, and didn't pay what LG is charging now I love them to death. I think Lou should run a sale, give more people a chance to get his product. F Body owners stand by, Pro Long Tubes are soon to be available for you guys too. I have it under good authority that there has been a set for the F Body in the works for awhile now, just testing and tuning to get them perfect. I can't wait, that means more Camaros and T/A's closing the gap.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Teching In

LG my .02, there stuff works and holds up great!

Quick Reply: LG, TSP, Kooks or SW C5 headers????