Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC Pulleys -- 8 vs. 12 Rib

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default D1SC Pulleys -- 8 vs. 12 Rib

I know this is for an LT1 but you guys seem pretty freaking knowledgable here. Building a 383 LT1 (Lunati crank/rods, diamond -35cc pistons, fully ported TFS heads, custom cam) and going to throw everything we can at it. I'm already intent on the SCDE Tensioner, but my question is this:

I've heard that there are simply more belt options for an 8 rib pulley vs. a 12 rib pulley. With the SCDE Tensioner would it make more sense to go with the 8 Rib due to the ability to run a wider variety of sizes for more boost control?? I guess it really boils down to will the 8 Rib with SCDE Tensioner hold up without slipping??
Old 06-09-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the 8 rid with the scde tensioner, adjusted the tension when I installed the blower and haven't touched it, no belt slipage at all.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:38 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe that SDCE has a system for the LT1, but I'm not certain. The ATI ProCharger 12 rib pulley system is a good way to go, though. You shouldn't see any belt slippage with this system, it's too bad it can't be offered for the LS1 cars. Bob
Old 06-10-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I don't believe that SDCE has a system for the LT1, but I'm not certain. The ATI ProCharger 12 rib pulley system is a good way to go, though. You shouldn't see any belt slippage with this system, it's too bad it can't be offered for the LS1 cars. Bob
Bob, they do, I've personally talked with them about it and it's on their website. Right now I'm sitting on a couple of 12 rib pulleys as that was my original plan (SCDE w/12 rib) but after talking to people and searching around I'm running into a lot of "there's more easily accessable and different sized 8 rib belts than the 12 rib belts." We're trying to do everything we can in terms of pulleying on the new motor and don't want to run into a stopping point based on the fact that I can't get a right sized 12 rib belt.

Quick Reply: D1SC Pulleys -- 8 vs. 12 Rib