Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No noise. then ticking noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No noise. then ticking noise

hey guys. Installed the MS3. Springs ect ect. I drove the car for about 3 miles, and all was good. Then the ticking became faint then louder and louder and louder. Chrcked the sparkplugs and wires, and also checked the rockers to be sure they were torqued down. Any ideas? Lifters? The motor did not tick befo the install,.

thx
Old 06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

update::::so i can turn the car off for like 20 min. Start it up, and no ticking. Then drive it for maybe 2 miles then the ticking starts faint and continues to get louder. Sat the car in the driveway at idel and it went away for like 5 min, then came back. Any ideas? Idel oil presure is 25 driving oil P is around 40 or so.

THX
Old 06-09-2006, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Well did some reading. Sounds like my lifters are starving. My oil presure kinda sucks so i think i muffed the O ring.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

we found that problem in a vette we did. it has ls-6 ported heads and a large cam that required bigger springs. On our combo the springs are actually moving around on the head. There is a note in an install procedure that said if you go bigger on springs with stock heads, you may need to have spring cups cut into them to keep this from happening. Most aftermarket heads already have this done, so there is no worry. If your running stock heads, check it out. Just thought i would pass it along.