User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions
View Poll Results: Should There be a minimum amount of posts to list a car for sale?
YES, at least 10 posts.
0%
Yes, at least 25 posts.
33.33%
Yes, at least 50 posts
33.33%
No because I dont buy anything anyways, so who cares?
33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

rules for posting Vehicles for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rules for posting Vehicles for sale?

I am sick of seeing cars for sale by people who have no posts or just signed up to sell a car.....I dont know if you guys have a policy to list cars for sale, but if you don't have a minimum amount of posts, then you shouldn't be able to sell. It's annoying for some jackass to come here and list his Dealers car(s) for sale with no posts and then everyone else thinks their car is worth the same thing because someone else asked a certain price for another car( like the ebay car I saw a week ago for 125k, it was some 30th Aniv TA).......I think there should be a minimum post count to post a car for sale.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is 6 months/50 posts minumum
Old 06-09-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

You sure about that?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/522590-2001-slp-firehawk-over-400hp.html
Old 06-09-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

just hasnt been found yet

https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/508931-you-need-least-50-posts-6-months-board-post-ad.html
Old 06-09-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

GOOD then....
Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by camaroextra
There is 6 months/50 posts minumum
Nope.

There actually is not any minimum requirement for posting vehicles for sale. That is the only exception to the selling restrictions.

The administrators intentionally decided to set things up this way, with the reasoning that anyone buying a car should be checking it out thoroughly before the purchase anyway, so there's not any more risk of fraud than in any other vehicle-buying situation.

It doesn't cost us anything to let new members post vehicles for sale; and it can benefit our more active members who are looking for one to buy, since it gives them more to choose from.

People can try to ask whatever price they want; if it's too high for the market, eventually they'll have to give in and lower it to something more reasonable.

Some people will post unreasonable prices for things regardless of what anyone else does... even after dozens of people have told them their prices are unreasonable. (I'm thinking of a username starting with D )
Old 06-10-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

That clears it up. I noticed a few cars up where the member just signed up and had 0 posts so I figured it was a different rule for posting whole cars. I've seen many of these so I figured it was OK. Thanks for clearing that up ACW.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned

Seems like a way for scammers to take a bigger chunk of cash (down payment via Western Union) compared to scamming a set of headers or a set of heads.

I think there should be some requirement, sooner or later you'll have a guy with all the photos of a fairly desirable car and gets a down payment to "hold" the car untill inspection and an honest member of this site is out $2000 from some scammer with a 0 post count.

Just my thoughts on this.. Better to do something now instead of when one of our friends gets ripped pretty hard. ~Joshua
Old 06-10-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Seems like a way for scammers to take a bigger chunk of cash (down payment via Western Union) compared to scamming a set of headers or a set of heads.

I think there should be some requirement, sooner or later you'll have a guy with all the photos of a fairly desirable car and gets a down payment to "hold" the car untill inspection and an honest member of this site is out $2000 from some scammer with a 0 post count.

Just my thoughts on this.. Better to do something now instead of when one of our friends gets ripped pretty hard. ~Joshua

Yeah thats true. But if i bought a car out of state, ill fly there with the payment, and drive the car home.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:39 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Yeah thats true. But if i bought a car out of state, ill fly there with the payment, and drive the car home.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by minty
I am sick of seeing cars for sale by people who have no posts or just signed up to sell a car.....I dont know if you guys have a policy to list cars for sale, but if you don't have a minimum amount of posts, then you shouldn't be able to sell. It's annoying for some jackass to come here and list his Dealers car(s) for sale with no posts and then everyone else thinks their car is worth the same thing because someone else asked a certain price for another car( like the ebay car I saw a week ago for 125k, it was some 30th Aniv TA).......I think there should be a minimum post count to post a car for sale.
well my cars a 99 ill give it a paint job put some blue stripes on it and ill even bring it down to 100k for you guys!!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Even when you do everything right there is a chance to get ripped off. I just read the below thread and the guy got what he thought was a real certified check from a member so he let his car go and the check was bogus. How'd you like to lose your whole car?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/513252-01ztwenty8-scammed-stole-car-i-selling.html

For the record I think the same rules should apply to whole cars as to parts. Even though it would not have helped this poor guy above.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry folks, but if you're not astute enough, or too naive, to successfully buy/sell a car, maybe you should work with a dealer. That isn't meant as a personal attack against anyone, just a truthful obersvation. There are a dozen different ways to successfully buy a car, whether its 2 streets down, 2 states away, or on the other coast.

I'm usually one to err on the side of caution - I would like parts selling restrictions hiked up to 150 AND six months or 300 OR six months. I'm the first one to err on the side of caution for the user's sake. However buying a car is just common sense, don't release it til the money clears/don't buy sight unseen unless you're ready to take that risk.

Quick Reply: rules for posting Vehicles for sale?