Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Break Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Break Question

I noticed since i've hooked my drive shaft up that my car is a little bit harder to push with the trans even in neutral. When a trans is equiped with a trans break what happens when no wires are run to the selenoid? It doesn't engage or act funny does it? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant answer your question but I wanted to say that your signature speaks volumes!! I am in Management with the Airlines and try very hard to teach and preach that exact philosophy, Realizing that teaching others only lightens your work load and free's you up to do more. I will be sending your signature out in a company bulletin Monday, thanks for those words!!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

when the solenoid is not engaged there is no difference. all the solenoid does is manually put on another gear causing a drive line bind up. but when it is not activated or if hte car is off the trans functions normally. if it is a new trans what could be the cause is the clutch pack clearance in the low/reverse pack is a lil tighter casuing more drag.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
I noticed since i've hooked my drive shaft up that my car is a little bit harder to push with the trans even in neutral. When a trans is equiped with a trans break what happens when no wires are run to the selenoid? It doesn't engage or act funny does it? Thanks.
No, but 1) you won't get the benefit from the t-brake and 2) you might not be able to get the car in reverse.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys. Obviously the trans break won't work, ha. I will wire it up soon but since this car has undergone so many changes it is not my first worry at the moment to get the car up and running.

ss4Chad, no problem, actually thank Keith Morganstein, I think this quote is a very good one myself, hence the inclusion in my signature

Back4more, that makes perfect sense!

408ws6, so it makes the car hard to get in reverse?

Just trying to see what to expect!
Old 06-10-2006, 04:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
408ws6, so it makes the car hard to get in reverse?
I believe it uses the transbrake switch to go into reverse. You hold it in neutral and press the tranbrake button to go into reverse. Thats how mine is anyway, yours might be different.