Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a '03 Hemi pickup truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a '03 Hemi pickup truck

My friend set up a quick race on the highway from a stop with this hemi truck that has some bolt ons and 100 shot of nitrous. I have LM and a lid. I also had a passenger and the shittiest tires in the world, Winston Winners... lol

We raced from a dig twice and he asked for a hit. First race he jumped about half a car and I quickly closed that gap and then pulled 3-5 cars on him.

Second race, I f*cked up the launch, which was only from 2000 rpms... stupid tires!.... and he got a really good jump on me, 1-1.5 cars. As I shifted into 3rd and stopped spinning tires, I started to close the gap, and by the time I was in 4th for a split of a second, he was 3/4 to 1/2 a car ahead of me and shut down We raced for money and there is certain point where all the races stop, so technically he had me and he won the money, but second race was definitely less than 1/4 mi because I was only at 100 or so when we shut down and within 2 more seconds or less I would've closed the gap and beat him!!!

First race was for $20, so I doubled up and second race was for $40. So, I lost $20, but had a fun night

Next weekend I'm going to put better tires on the back and have another race with him hopefully with results of the 1st race
Old 06-10-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well considering the truck had the bottle i could understand, but usually hemi owners are just making up for something else thats missing. ive had three try to race me at different times and i wasnt even tryn to race. they have to much faith in a hemi label, its an easy 5 car win
Old 06-10-2006, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

It was a cool race and he definitely had a fast car, but I know that my car was faster
Old 06-10-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

put a cutout on that catback, port ur tb, and have some good tires....he wouldnt come close
Old 06-10-2006, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
put a cutout on that catback, port ur tb, and have some good tires....he wouldnt come close
Loud mouth doesn't need a cut out, it's just straight pipes, but better tires and ported TB would help.

I mean, I beat him by 5 cars the 1st time, and the only reason why he won was because I spun my shitty tires
Old 06-10-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

My good friend has a 2004 dodge ram hemi, short bed regular cab. It's no slouch, but he knows where it sits relative to other cars. It's faster than all the ricers, which makes for a fun time , but he knows not to go challenging camaros, trans ams, vettes etc.

disclaimer: "ricers" not respectable imports blah blah blah
Old 06-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Teching In

well considering the truck had the bottle i could understand, but usually hemi owners are just making up for something else thats missing. ive had three try to race me at different times and i wasnt even tryn to race. they have to much faith in a hemi label, its an easy 5 car win
the new hemi from what ive heard... isnt even a true hemi... its not neatly as good as the older ones. i think dodge likes being able to say their cars have hemi's
Old 06-11-2006, 03:27 AM
12 Second Club

With 100 shot and bolt ons I would say it's a mid 13 second car, judging by the outcome of the race. Pretty damn impressive for a truck!
Old 06-11-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
Loud mouth doesn't need a cut out, it's just straight pipes, but better tires and ported TB would help.

I mean, I beat him by 5 cars the 1st time, and the only reason why he won was because I spun my shitty tires
o ok, i knew slp put out a catback and ive never really paid atten. to the names, do u have headers? and yea i ported my own tb, a good dremel and some nice sandpaper, really can tell top end....should have featherd it from the jump, he would have got u right away off line but u wouldnt have spun an u would have still caught him
Old 06-11-2006, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

o ok, i knew slp put out a catback and ive never really paid atten. to the names, do u have headers? and yea i ported my own tb, a good dremel and some nice sandpaper, really can tell top end....should have featherd it from the jump, he would have got u right away off line but u wouldnt have spun an u would have still caught him
No headers, just a catback. I tried to feather it, but the tires are so bad, that I probably shouldn't floor in 1st to prevent spinning!