Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lack of Swaybar question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of Swaybar question

Ok got an 02 TA 12 bolt comp eng 3 ways alston control arms panhard and T/A QA1's in the front,turbo 400 big converter and full bolt ons with a slightly large cam..

BUT my anti roll bar did not come in on time,do you think ill **** anything up without it?Will it perform shitty?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Funny your going through this.. i lived this dream not to long ago.. after making some posts here i was pretty much told the rear end would twist without one, i was also told that if i run a air bag in the right rear and i can leave the rear sway bar off.. So considering how much i put into the rear suspension and getting it set to hook up, i held off and decided to do both.. Why risk it? BMR extreme sway bar and right rear airbag

Last edited by ApacheDrill; 06-11-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm ok sounds good,I know last year I raced it without a rear sway bar...BUT that was stock motor with just the suspension work,when I stalled it the rear end would come up and it would twist like a BITCH..
But now its a cam only car should make a lot more power so now im worried about it..
Old 06-11-2006, 10:57 AM
9 Second Club

I just had to put a Sphon dragbar in because my stock swaybar almost put me in the wall the other night.
I think your "worried about it" because you should be. No way I'd run that car with no swaybar.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok well 2 votes for yes looks like its going on...Now Any vote for the best sway bar...
Should I go sway bar or anti roll bar?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

There's several good drag bars out there, BMR extreme, spohn drag bar, wolfe, billingsley, all are good bars. The stock bar is better then no bar, and if a stock style is what you want, spohn makes a solid 1 inch bar that is like a stock piece. This particular one is very livable on the street, mounting like stock it makes no noise at all... but is not heavy enough for a big power car taht leaves really hard. For a street car that goes to the track every now and then it is good. The other bars, are the ones that are probably best for a track orientated setup.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
There's several good drag bars out there, BMR extreme, spohn drag bar, wolfe, billingsley, all are good bars. The stock bar is better then no bar, and if a stock style is what you want, spohn makes a solid 1 inch bar that is like a stock piece. This particular one is very livable on the street, mounting like stock it makes no noise at all... but is not heavy enough for a big power car taht leaves really hard. For a street car that goes to the track every now and then it is good. The other bars, are the ones that are probably best for a track orientated setup.
so your talking about like the actual Anti-Roll bar set up then,where you weld the bar on the frame rails and have the two links coming down...the car low 1.6 sixty footed last year stock motor with less stall on no rear sway bar,this year i got a th400 with a 4500 stall and a cam so im hoping for like mid 1.5's so ill be ordering a bar this week it seems...

Its being race thursday with or without it though ive waited too long...
Old 06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, the only bar that I mentioned that is not a weld on anti roll bar is the spohn 1 inch solid chromoly. That is a stock style bar that mounts in the factory locations. it is the heaviest bar of this type that you can buy. I have one on my car and it's very streetable, but is alos ALOT heavier then the factory ws6 rear swaybar, there was a noticable change in the handling of the car with it vs the stock bar, car definately leaves much more level then it previously did.