Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Stoney Creek Park meet n greet yesterdat 6/10/06

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stoney Creek Park meet n greet yesterdat 6/10/06

Anyone in the Wayne, Oakland, Macomb Co area missed a nice meet n greet get together at Stoney Creek Metro park in Macomb County. About 100 cars showed up (the # I was told before I left, more cars were coming)
Brian the organizer was very cool. Got to check out everyones cars, took pics and voted on best cars there for different reasons. Best interior, best paint job, best engine etc etc. Anyways not bad for the 2nd annual get together. I bet it will be bigger next year. Looking forward to going already.
Met some really cool people. Dennis aka Whiplash is a very cool guy, and his Procharged SS rocks. I can't wait for my rematch on my side of town Dennis. I'll take care of my traction issues and then I want my rematch. Thanks again Brian "Meissenation" you did a hell of a job getting a bunch of people together like you did. Good luck next year. Ever think about doing it at a Meijers or something of the like with a huge parking lot??? Just wondering.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We'll definitely need a bigger parking lot next year! That's for sure! Here's the pics that I took for anyone that's interested in seeing. The final count was 87 (unofficially, about 4 more peeps showed up after I stopped counting at 83)

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3604
Old 06-11-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet pics. That was a real good time. I wish I could of hung around for the rest of the day. Nice meeting everyone.

So Brian, do you have the list of the winners. I heard Doug took best domestic with his black beast of a vette. Doug and I had some fun driving out there. ZOOM ZOOM!!!

Last edited by WHPLASH; 06-12-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the awards thread with pics:
http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3607

Doug, when you read this, shoot me a PM with your address and I can mail you the award if you'd like. It's nothing too extravagant, just a certificate printed on fancy paper, but still recognition is recognition.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

This was such a fun time, nice meeting all of you guys and Dennis's and Doug's cars were completly bad *** good work guys hope to see you around soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the invite Brian, and thank you to everyone that voted for my car in the Domestic Category. It comes as a real surprise to win anything. Really enjoyed meeting everyone, Brian, and Detroit muscle (forgot your name sorry). Best thing about the meet for me was making a new friend. Dennis and his Camaro SS really took me by surprise. Great car, and a great person (Dennis) Very glad to have met him. I can't wait for the rematch. Btw Dennis I got an unofficial 120+ mph pass on Gratiot Ave last night in downtown Detroit. And yes its on video. As soon as I get to a computer that I can send stuff with, I will send it to everyone. Brian when you get my video clips will you post them please??? Thanks again to everyone, and Dennis be sure to stay in touch. Rematch soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

You guys had some amazing rides out there
Old 06-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Ya,that was fun....didnt the number of cars more than triple from the 1st to 2nd meet and greet?!

Cant wait to hang out more!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

We should set up another date and do this again in August or September toward the end of the season. Would be cool !!!!!!!!! Hope to see everyone again soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
We should set up another date and do this again in August or September toward the end of the season. Would be cool !!!!!!!!! Hope to see everyone again soon.
That would be an excellent idea. I also wanted to say it was a great turn out wish I could have stayed longer. There's always next time!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

I had a good time. I'm mad I had to leave early
Old 06-13-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

I pm'd meissenation about a cedar point trip. Anyone interested??? Just think how kick *** it would be to see 100 + high powered LS1's with loud exhaust roaring to Cedar Point. LOL. Please post some thoughts.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well Brian is actually already planning an end of the season meet which will be out on the West side of the state as the first couple have all been over here. The Cedar Point idea would be a lot of fun and I'd be up for it but I dunno how many other guys wanna drive that far.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Brian is planning an end of the season meet out on the West side of the state already which should be another great turnout. As for the Cedar point trip I'd be all for it.