Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Annihilated my buddies C5.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Annihilated my buddies C5.

I know, I know a C5 isn't much, but he was talking soooo much **** to everyone about how fast his car is with his Borla, and how much he'd spank me that I though I'd post.

Anyways, I have a '99 M6 Trans Am with 3.73's, lid, FTRA, headers, TD's and a few other bolt-ons. I knew that I'd blow him away, but didn't talk too big. Just told him to be sure and pack his lunch cause he's gonna need it.

Anyways, he and I were going home today on the highway, and were side by side. I dropped it to third when he said he wanted to go. His car is an auto, so he didn't wait for me to shift, and got the jump. When I had shifted, he had about a car on me, then it was all over. I blew by him in third and hit fourth, then it was really over.

We get to a light up ahead and he says he wants to try from a stop. Ok. Spun a little off the line, but he still never even got ahead of me. The beating was severe, and to make it better, we each had another friend with us.

Hopefully that shuts him up about that.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

He needs to do a little readin afore runnin his mouth huh bro. Good job keepin it quiet until you let the exhaust do it for you. What gearing does he have and how fast did you guys take it up to? You should (safely as possible) do a top speed run and see how much the aerodynamics helps him, see if he can pull back at 140 or so, just to compare the air drag.

Nice car too. Black nostriled beast !!!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. He doesn't know or care much about LS1's (even though he has one). All he knows is that he has a nice car that sounds pretty good. His car has the stock gearing for an automatic, whatever that is for a corvette. I know ours is 3.23 or 2.73, depending on options. We were doing about 60 at the start and probably hit about 110. He did say that my exhaust was almost deafening when I passed him.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

awesome run man. i had the same thing happen to me with my boys frc vette. we have raced to top speed before and i had maybe 2 cars on him by 150mph. it was fun!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

Nice kill. I usually don't talk too much smack either. Just let the car do the talking when you pass them. My exterior doesn't give it away either. lol It looks exactly the same as it did the day i bought it.

Jeremy
Old 06-13-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

I raced a C5 auto a couple weeks ago from a light. Sounded like all had was exhaust when he buzzed by me before the light. I had 1/2 car on him through 1st and 2nd even though I blew the tires off all through 1st gear. Then third came around, and the all powerful LS1 took my 1/2 car lead away and put two cars on me. The middle aged man who was driving was surprised to say the least