Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Poppin' my collar.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Poppin' my collar.

Ah yes...it's good to be back on the streets. Saturday night, proved to be fun after all. After hanging out with this chick for a few hours, I decided to go for a quick ride to the local spot. As I'm cruising down the highway...at about 80-90mph... when I see what looked like new cobra headlights(round fog lights)..sure nuff, it was. A yellow 03-04 Cobra. Looked "stock" and had black tint, with what LOOKED like a decent looking female in the passenger seat...

Anyway's. It was clear that he wanted some, since he must have been doing 95mph, then slowed to a stall right next to me. So, I'm in 5th, he's not. I blip the throttle to downshift, and the guy takes off, but quickly lifted when he saw that I wasn't on it. I was now reqdy in third...I edged up along side him. He was ready, I was ready... we both hit it, I put him on my rear fender as soon as we went to throttle, he stays there for the entire gear, I powershift 4th, he's right about 4-6ft behind me.... and then shifted th 5th, and lifted as we were starting to see traffic in front of us.

Round 2. We go again, minutes later, again, from a third gear roll. Same outcome at the start... except this time, we have a mild long sweeping corner(5 lane highway) that we were about to go into, not to mention, the two cars that where coming up in my lane and the one to the right... I sweep around to the FAR right, as the cobra goes down low, and takes the inside corner, I negotiate the cars, and the turn without lifting, and dropped back down low, I ended up about half a car in front of him, outta the turn....shifted to 5th, and again, had to lift.

Round 3. That mother ****** jumped me,... This time, he got out about 3/4 of a car on me, I slowly ran him down, ended up shifting into fifth, and we were both side by side when we lifted.

That was it for the Cobra. He slowed alot, I kinda waited, nothing happened, so I dipped off.

Got off at the SPOT... saw several friends. An oldschool RX7, with a turbocharged 5.0 in it. Yeah, 1900lbs. Sick. Built it himself, and it is crazy. Another frined with a GTO on spray....and several vettes. Not to mention, about another 40 or soo other cars.

We decide to leave, kinda all at once. 5 or 6 deep on the highway. No traffic on the road, really. Me and the RX7 are out front. We both crack it, I hang with him as he slowly pulls away,... then I hit another gear....he starts to pull away a little more.... Cool. I was impressed with my car though. Yes, the RX7 was CLEARLY faster but, I honestly think that if I would have sprayed, it would have been neck and neck...or I would have walked away.

The GTO, was on spray. I don't know the shot but, I did look over, and I could see him just behind me over my right shoulder pretty much the whole time. This was happening the same time I was playing with the sevan(rx7). The other two vettes where behind the rest of us.

We get out west. At another spot. Quite crowded. Finally found a spot. BS'd with my boys and ladies for a while. A porsche pulls up. The RX7 askes him to race, he says no, he'll be out in two weeks with his grand national. SO,.. whatever. The Porsche leaves.

Half an hour later, he pulls up, again in the porsche. He walks right up to me(vert 911 turbo, 40 yr old dude) and asks me, whom he's never seen before, "how bout the corvette?... you wanna race?"

Me. "Sure."
Porsche dude. "Is it stock?"
Me. "Yes,..it is."
Porsche dude. "ok, lets go"
Me."from a dig?roll? What?"
Porsche dude."I don't care....whatever you think."
Me."How bout a roll?
Porsche dude."Ok"

Ha. Second gear roll. Mean and the VW line up...i'm at 4ooo rpm's... third honk.... I pull out one car length on it. Then shifted to 3rd, pulled again. Shifted to 4th....pulled again. Shifted to 5th....and it was time to slow.

We all made th u turn. I say we all cause about 8 cars follwed to watch the race. The cars were...
Me.
rx7
nitrous GTO
CTS-V with 460 rwhp
vette
vette
porsche

...maybe that was it.

We go back to the spot. The porsche guy was saying right away, that was 8 to 10 lengths." He was a cool dude. Funny guy. He said my car wasn't stock. I told him the motor was stock, just some bolt-ons. I wasn't lyeing. I said to him..." didn't you read the tag frame first?" He walks over and reads it... "Porsche's for Breakfast.... FERRARI's for Lunch."

He laughed hard. Said he would have never raced me if he would have seen that first. Funny. WEe had like 30 people laughing.

Cops come because of some stupid hillbillies.

On the ride to the other spot... I lined up against the V...and that was fun. I walked it every time. But, not before lifting at 160-170 first. We did this about 5 times. I get out on him about a half a car in first....then slowly keep that pace up of walking away.

We get to the next spot.... chill.....then cops kick us out. It was 2:30am... I went home.

All thses runs were on motor alone...as I just blew off my intake last week from a nitrous backfire.... I wanted burst panles, and a window switch before I spray it again(which I now have the panles, and I need to wire in my window switch.) Bolt -on LS1's ******* rock.

When I get the rest of my mods on....******* better watch out.

Note...this story was a figment of my imagination,....no doubt the result of hard drugs and multiple snail trails on the chest.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't read your novel yet, but thanks for the NWS pics in your signature.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TimTaylor75
Haven't read your novel yet, but thanks for the NWS pics in your signature.

It comes in paperback too.

Glad you enjoyed the pic's.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

haha. the camel toe is funny.

good story
Old 06-12-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

DAMN. Im surprised I didnt see a helicopter chase on COPS man. Nice kills. We need to meet up for sure now. Nice kills Jamie.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
DAMN. Im surprised I didnt see a helicopter chase on COPS man. Nice kills. We need to meet up for sure now. Nice kills Jamie.

Thanks G. I had on my cloaking device... ....

...hit me up anytime man. Phone's always on. Hows the married life doing pimpin"?

Mod the wifes gismo yet?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Ah yeah son! Ah yeah!!! That's a great story, I'm gonna read it to my boy tonight before bed I swear to God. V is a hero, where I live, you're lucky to get one decent race (i've had the vette for 3 months and the only races are the stang in the sig and a g35 ) and you are like Fast and the Fury-*** with all the cars in that story. What a great vid that woulda been.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
Ah yeah son! Ah yeah!!! That's a great story, I'm gonna read it to my boy tonight before bed I swear to God. V is a hero, where I live, you're lucky to get one decent race (i've had the vette for 3 months and the only races are the stang in the sig and a g35 ) and you are like Fast and the Fury-*** with all the cars in that story. What a great vid that woulda been.

lol. Funny ****. As soon as I get a rollcage, I am buying a camera.

I've missed alot of chances to make some badass video's. Oh well, another day I guess.

You need to find some spots man...locally. Theres GOTTA be somewhere people meet up.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just took off my heads... SEVAN bent pushrods. Lol. I had no driveability issues...we just pulled off my heads just now, to replace them.

Suprise!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like a fun *** night, and thats an extremely sexy cts-v in your sig.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by generalchaos
sounds like a fun *** night, and thats an extremely sexy cts-v in your sig.

Thats a good friends...

We did the work.

Ultra street 383...AFR 225's...blown..pretty bad. We think it's sexy as hell too.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

man why cant i get any races like that...........ever since I got my cam I have had no races.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Everyone I know just about, is involved with cars,...in some way, shape, or form. If I wanted, 50 bucks says I could get a race, any night of the week.

Easy.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Just to let you know, a RX-7 couldn't weigh 1900 lbs. if it was gutted and sitting on cinderblocks. And a turbo 5.0? How much hp does this turbo 5.0 make? It only takes a little over 400 whp for a RX-7 to run 10's with the right setup. That should be a fast *** car. What is done to your car?
Old 06-13-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Just to let you know, a RX-7 couldn't weigh 1900 lbs. if it was gutted and sitting on cinderblocks. And a turbo 5.0? How much hp does this turbo 5.0 make? It only takes a little over 400 whp for a RX-7 to run 10's with the right setup. That should be a fast *** car. What is done to your car?

Ok. Just to let you know, thanks, but, just what I was told, on more then one occasion, that the car weighs "1800lbs" .... Personally don't care what it weighs, although, i'd say, by looking at it, it weighs next to nothing, since it nothing more then an intercooler, motor, turbo kit, tires, and gauges. The car is completely stripped....not at all goo looking. More like a freak of nature,...kinda like a feild mouse that took soo much steriods, that it looks like a new york subway rat.

The car is fast. How much power? I don't know, cause he doesn't know. We all have an idea....do a little research, and see what a turbo 5.0 with heads, cam, and 70mm turbo can do. If he NEEDS more, he's got more.

My car...as I stated above, is a full bolt on car. I had no nitrous running threw it's veins...so...it was running good,.... but, not as good as it could have been. My last car, with LS6 intake, vararam, and LG motorsports headers(no x pipe, stock h-pipe and catback) and thats it, made 355rwhp....and went 12.50 @ 114mph with a 1.8 60ft time on EMT's. This new car, has three times the mods, and all the right mods as well.

We'll see what it runs but....like a previous post said, we removed my heads yesterday...and found 7 bent pushrods, 4 on the passenger, 3 on the driver...all intake. New heads are on the car now.

Again, we all raced from a roll....a 05 GTO on spray....the sevan, me, and a couple of vettes. The order went.....(rx7) a car and a half out, (me) about 5 feet in front of the GTO, (gto) left the other vettes.

Corvettes aren't exactly slow from a roll man.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

Me. "Sure."
Porsche dude. "Is it stock?"
Me. "Yes,..it is."
Porsche dude. "ok, lets go"
Me."from a dig?roll? What?"
Porsche dude."I don't care....whatever you think."
Me."How bout a roll?
Porsche dude."Ok"

Thats funny
Old 06-15-2006, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Just to let you know, a RX-7 couldn't weigh 1900 lbs
Not even a totally gutted 1st gen?? He did say "old school RX-7". What were they stock, like 2300# or so?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Not even a totally gutted 1st gen?? He did say "old school RX-7". What were they stock, like 2300# or so?
I don't know, it would have to have some work done... They weigh about 2400 (first gens)
Old 06-15-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

This ****** is old and ugly. I think an 86 or something.

I am pretty sure it's a first gen...thinking back of all the body styles.

Their should be three bodies right? My pops has a 94 R2 at petit racing right now...thats a third gen right?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
This ****** is old and ugly. I think an 86 or something.

I am pretty sure it's a first gen...thinking back of all the body styles.

Their should be three bodies right? My pops has a 94 R2 at petit racing right now...thats a third gen right?
79-85 is a first gen, 86-91 is a second gen, 93-95 (in america) in the third gen. A 86 is the same body style as mine, which I think looks pretty good. The first gen's are a bit ugly though.