Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code 1153 02 sensor passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question code 1153 02 sensor passenger side

hey geer heads, i just bought a black on black 2001 formula, 22,000 miles , owned by a lady, first; the day atfer picking it up it threw a code 1153, which i read could be a number of factors, from low gas to water splashes , do you think it could be because the car has been sitting for a while and the fuel is old and dirty???also its got the 3.42 6 speed hurst shifter a couple of other options like slp headers , from what i can tell the headers might have been put on by this ladys ol man??? because i see evicence of zip ties on the o2 sensors, i believe to get them away from the heat from the headers, the headers hang down low , but i am carefull not to drive over speed bumps, man i tell you guys this car runs like a bat out of hell!!!, any thoughts on the 02 sensors????, i think i will probably just replace the sensor and see what happens................should i reset the check engine lit by disconnecting the battery ??? or is there another way????, also think i should go with synthetic oil??? like 10w-40 mobil??? ams??? royalpurple????any reply is greatly appreciated Sean
Old 06-12-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd try resetting the PCM/code first - but I'd also take a look at the sensor wiring too. If you don't have something to clear it:

Turn key on, don't start car
Pull PCM BATT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
Wait 5-10 min
Turn ignition off
Replace fuses
Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

say thanks 4 the info on resetting the code first thing tomorrow i am gonn chack it ou t and let you know, i just checked gas milage on the highway i drove 215 miles at 23.3 mile per gall.!!!!!! right on w/that 6 speed