Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Patriots

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Serious Patriots

These have been worked on to death. I got over the chrome-like intake ports. Shed all my tears after spending many hours polishing port walls and got serious about the whole thing. I was happy with the reflow numbers but Im on a max effort mission these days. The heads are the least of what has been redone on the Vette'. Did some reading on fluid dynamics. Read all the posts about golf *****. Rolled up my sleeves and redid the intake ports. I did a lot of experimenting and came up with a method of doing a cross hatch pattern using a 60 grit flap sander and a lot of motion. Came out very nice looking and very even in every part of the port. The pics were hard to get the pattern and don't do justice at all but they look just like cylinder walls. Most wouldn't go to this kind of effort but I am not one to just repeat what I have heard about things. I think the non-directional pattern will perform the best. Ill have these flowed yet again after they come back from the machine shop. Installing new Manley racemaster valves with all the tops polished. The exhaust ports remain polished as well as the chambers. The heads are being set up by Angie at Dave's engine in Newark. She is the best there is. Ill post flow numbers when I get them.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long did it take you to do that ??
Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSporttruck
How long did it take you to do that ??
Initially I spent nearly 2 months working a few hours every day on the hand finishing and polishing. Chambers were opened up to 76cc's. Port openings slightly reshaped. The redo texturing on the intake ports was just a couple days. Re-polished everything as well.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice and shinny.
Hopefully it reflects the heat away from the head and reduces propensity to knock too
Old 06-13-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

wow!! this vette is going to be amazing!! hell the part already are! I love the TB setup the most!