Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the exuast shop today (DYNOMOUTH)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Went to the exuast shop today (DYNOMOUTH)

I have the dynomax bullet part #24222 and they told me that the system wold make me loose power because there will be not enough backpressure. I know this can not be true because why would SLP make the loudmouth that has no muffler and is also 3", instead of 2.75. That wouldn't make sense. It was obvious that this guy had no idea what the hell he is talking about so I am going elsewhere to get it installed. Please let me know what you think.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Went to the exuast shop today (DYNOMOUTH)

You may be trading 3 hp down low for 5 hp up high or something like that.

Nothing to worry about whatsoever.

I think you're doing the best thing by taking it somewhere else.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know he thinks he's trying to help u but true he does not know what he's talkin about. overall u will gain HP. who needs HP in the low end, I WANT TQ there!!!!!! hp at the top.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by joez28:
<strong> I have the dynomax bullet part #24222 and they told me that the system wold make me loose power because there will be not enough backpressure. I know this can not be true because why would SLP make the loudmouth that has no muffler and is also 3", instead of 2.75. That wouldn't make sense. It was obvious that this guy had no idea what the hell he is talking about so I am going elsewhere to get it installed. Please let me know what you think. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">if youre leaving the stock cats on, there will be PLENTY of backpressure....whoever you talked to is an idiot