Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

85mm MAF's? Gains on cars with tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 85mm MAF's? Gains on cars with tuning?

Do 85mm MAF’s really add power? If so, do they help in all applications? They’re included in the LS1 Motorsports Turbo kit so I assume they have to work well for something. I can see doing a SLP 85mm MAF on a car without tuning to let the computer know there is more air coming in but it would seem useless on a programmed car because you already adjust for the extra amount of airflow. In the case of a tuned car, you would just do MAF ENDS for even more additional airflow. What exactly are you paying for when you purchase the SLP 85mm MAF- the leaner air/fuel programming right? So it would actually seem more difficult to program a car with the SLP MAF because you have to combat the programming built into it. If you change that programming, you are canceling out the benefit of the MAF therefore losing your investment. Can anyone share some more insight on this subject? Thanks.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 85mm MAF's? Gains on cars with tuning?

heres a ttt for you. im also interested it that i have tuning on my car for my cam but thinki could benefit from the slp maf.i want to know if i could add this with out tuning? i put ported ends on my car and lose power. if i could gain 5 or 10 hp up top it is worth it to me.

Quick Reply: 85mm MAF's? Gains on cars with tuning?