Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trans mount

ok im having an issue with my motor trq`n and causing my y pipe to possibly bang..which i already fixed oonce but now i have a converter i guess its causing it to do it more than it was..well i was pondering the idea of motor mounts but could i change my trans mount to a poly mount and not cause stress on the motor to trans conection(bellhousing) ive herd horror stories of guys just installing trans mounts and breaking the bellhousing so i just want to hear some feed back. and does this axually help the problem of the motor moving around at all? thanx
Old 06-13-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

If you think about it, the motor twisting the transmission, and it refusing to twist because its held in place by a strong mount doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Poly motor mounts should be done first IMO.

And if you don't have headers, I would get some and do the motor mounts at the same time.

My engine hardly moves at all with my Prothanes in there.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

If you want to try and adjust the exhaust again, Get some 1 inch thick blocks of wood. Loosen your entire exhaust up and cram those blocks in all the places the pipe is close to the car. Re-tighten everything again starting from the rear up to the front. Mine would bang under 1/4 throttle and it fixed it no problem. I haven't had an issue since even with the cam and stall on the car now.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been running a poly mount for 23k miles no problems at all. you could also get the qtp exhaust hanger/bushing to prevent ypipe banging. i think it goes for around $40.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
I've been running a poly mount for 23k miles no problems at all. you could also get the qtp exhaust hanger/bushing to prevent ypipe banging. i think it goes for around $40.
same here,
just installed the y-pipe bang bushing from thunder racing,
works great