Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New problems.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New problems.

The cars starts and drives but theres some different problems now.
The abs, and traction control dash lights are always and says they need serviced. My tach will either be dead or sit @4k rpms jumping around even at an idle. The car misfires while driving and the fuel pump runs full blast non stop while the key is on it doesnt pressurize for 2 seconds and shutoff it keeps running.
Before it wouldnt start at all, i recharged the battery hooked it back up and the car fired but then these things popped up. All ive done is probe thru wiring and check fuses relays so mayb theres a loose wire/ground I dont know but its over my head. The PCM controls all of that but i dont have clue where to look

Also when i turn my headlights on theres an orange light on the rear view mirror on the passenger side that kicks on. Ive never even noticed it untill last night

What does it sound like and where do I look
Old 06-15-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

ah, what did you do to it, what year, model?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry, a 98 C5. The car was running great besides an exhaust leak so i dropped the driver side header tapped the holes and bolted it back up. Then the car wouldnt start no fuel or spark at the cylinders so i went ahead and put in a 255lph pump i had.
Recharged the battery and all of a sudden the car started and ran. Baffles me because i didnt do anything. Maybe i bumped a wire or ground but ive looked everything over a million times and am stumped. Now it runs and like i said the problem has moved onto other things but i beleive it all goes thru the pcm.

Search this Thread