Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TRT FMIC vs Synergy FMIC for STS???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TRT FMIC vs Synergy FMIC for STS???

Just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with either FMIC setup? They both look like great kits, I am just wondering if I can justify an extra 300 dollars for the Synergy kit. Anyone know what kind of intercooler the Synergy kit is using? I believe the TRT is an OBX Didn't know if that might be the cost difference. Just to clarify, I am not trying to bash either company here, I have had great experiences with both companies and would buy from either one because of great customer service from both. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

Funny, my FMIC is the TRT kit and the car is being tuned by rick at synergy. I think either kit is fine. The advantage of the synergy kit is that the intake side of the FMIC to the TB goes straight up to the TB whereas the TRT one goes across the FMIC and then up on the opposite side. A little bit more piping. Synergy says that the TRT will heatsoak more b/c of that crossover but TRT says that they always see about 10 degrees above ambient or so. I like the workmanship of the TRT and it was fairly easy to install. Billy at TRT is possibly one of the most helpfull people ever. Answered his cell on the weekend when i was installing it to answer a question. Hope this helps. I'm sure they're very comporable though which is why I went w/ the TRT. Oh i think they use the same IC core as well.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless they redesigned the TRT kit from last time I saw it, it will indeed heatsoak more the way they routed things. Personally I think it looks kinda cheesy as well but thats just one guys opinion.

I believe they do use the same IC's

As for temps on the freeway at 6psi Synergy actually recorded tempurature drops when doing a 60-90mph blast. I see the same thing on my own car. For the record though I built my own, it's not a Synergy pre made kit.

Also give Rick at Synergy a call and see what he says price wise, prices are not always set in stone ;-)

All in all I think both vendors have a great rep and you will likely be happy with either kit.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LastBlack02SS
Billy at TRT is possibly one of the most helpfull people ever.
i could not agree more...i have been installing my kit all this week and he has been a huge help!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Teching In

TRT and Billy, no questions about it at all. Have his FMIC on an STS 2001 Camaro. Lots of information and help on everything, first class product. Actually answers the phone or returns calls quickly.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only issue I had with the Synergy kit was that I was blowing hoses off under boost. Their pipes did not come flared up, therefore the clamps had nothing to grip. Needless to say that added 100.00 to my total to have all the pipes flared up. Something to throw in the bag.