Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

soooooo, more photography practice...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soooooo, more photography practice...thoughts?

Hey all, I posted these in appearance as well, but I know some of you Multi Media boys dont stray from here alot ..No more auto, took these at night and played around with the shutter speed, iso, aperature(sp?), and so on. Just a canon 3.2mp, so be nice. Cant wait for a new camera.
all comments welcome as usual. good bad or indifferent.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice pics. Im learning on my new camera as well!...good work!!
Old 06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey man, you've been workin on your photo skills and its been comin along nicely. GJ. I like the tunnel picture
Old 06-16-2006, 02:31 AM
TECH Addict

I really like the 3rd from the last one
Old 06-16-2006, 02:46 AM
10 Second Club

very nice.........you and and a few other members made me start messing around with my new camera.....any tips for the newb???
Old 06-16-2006, 04:20 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Pretty good pics man! Keep up the good work, the more pics you take the better you get. Read around on different sites, pick up a camera mag with tips and tricks.
But I do like these pics dude!

This one stood out on me, and so I did a little Photoshop of it:

Before:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ightshots1.jpg

After:

Peace,
Craig.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

ahh, sweet crager, thanks.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Great shots I wish I could do the same. What camera are you using?
-Brandon
Old 06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
very nice.........you and and a few other members made me start messing around with my new camera.....any tips for the newb???
Thanks man. If you want tips though, Onemeanz and crager, along with josh99ta and fade2blk_98 take some of the nicer shots I have seen. Nautilus as well. I dont quite feel worthy enough as a casual amateur to give tips just yet

Originally Posted by lt1_man
Great shots I wish I could do the same. What camera are you using?
-Brandon
I am just using a canon powershot a510 3.2 mp. thanks for the compliment.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Junkie

looks good man, I dont like the sepia all that much maybe turn the ISO down so it doesnt let in so much light to make the sepia pics darker?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:50 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by 1gen
looks good man, I dont like the sepia all that much maybe turn the ISO down so it doesnt let in so much light to make the sepia pics darker?
I messed around with sepia alot when I first got my camera. But I like black and white pics waaay better now. But only if the cars don't have too much colors in them. Black and white for cars that are black (like his black WS6), white, pewter, or silver cars.

I almost always leave my ISO at 100, my shots are mostly still shots, the few rolling ones I'll put it on auto ISO. But I'll set a little bit lower shutter speed to see wheels in motion.

For the pics in this thread I'd have a higher f stop with alot of shutter speed like 15 seconds or so. I like to try to make everything in focus.

Oh, here is a really good tip that I found. Use the timer for taking those longer shutter shots, that way you won't (((bump))) the camera when you hit the shutter button (unless you have a remote shutter button).

Always take two shots everytime that way in case one might come out blurred. Play around angles like you have done but make the car more in the center of the frame, and find cool locations. When you find a good shot that you like go to town on the different setings like white balance, f stop, shutter speed and exposure. Try alot of different combo's, and when you're done, upload them to your PC and see the difference between all the setting you were messing with.

Make aure you get a deacent tripod that it pretty strong for those long exposure shots (like 30 sec shots at night).

Peace,
Craig.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CRAGER
I messed around with sepia alot when I first got my camera. But I like black and white pics waaay better now. But only if the cars don't have too much colors in them. Black and white for cars that are black (like his black WS6), white, pewter, or silver cars.

I almost always leave my ISO at 100, my shots are mostly still shots, the few rolling ones I'll put it on auto ISO. But I'll set a little bit lower shutter speed to see wheels in motion.

For the pics in this thread I'd have a higher f stop with alot of shutter speed like 15 seconds or so. I like to try to make everything in focus.

Oh, here is a really good tip that I found. Use the timer for taking those longer shutter shots, that way you won't (((bump))) the camera when you hit the shutter button (unless you have a remote shutter button).

Always take two shots everytime that way in case one might come out blurred. Play around angles like you have done but make the car more in the center of the frame, and find cool locations. When you find a good shot that you like go to town on the different setings like white balance, f stop, shutter speed and exposure. Try alot of different combo's, and when you're done, upload them to your PC and see the difference between all the setting you were messing with.

Make aure you get a deacent tripod that it pretty strong for those long exposure shots (like 30 sec shots at night).

Peace,
Craig.
Great advice Craig. Just keep shooting and shooting and shooting. Then soon you'll find your own "style" of shooting.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

good stuff Crager.