PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on tunning magnacharger on my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on tunning magnacharger on my truck.

Hello,

i have magnacharger on my truck and i tuned it by hptuner and the problem is the timing advance is going around -7 to -6 and some times its more than that this is the frist time i see that on a car can some one hellp me to fix that problem and the maganacharger is brand new.the car is tahoe 2000 with 1500cc

and i am sorry iam not good in english but iam traying my best to let avery one understand.

thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you sure its not torque management not kicking in? is it happening between shifts?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

some times and some times not i delet the toruq managment.but you can fell it whe you car driveing but on high RPM that thing gos and high speed.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can you post your current file as well as some current scans with this happening?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok i will do that but first let me pot the toruqmanagment back and see.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Don't confuse torque management with torque reduction. The latter will pull timing during the shift. I'm sure they're related in other ways, but you can still have reduction without management.

My advice would be to enable the torque management, but increase the allowable torque.

Are you seeing any KR?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Did you increase the max engine tq?

Its under Engine-Torque managment-general-Maximum Torque

You might even try heading over too PerformanceTrucks.net also, there are a lot of MagnaCharger guys over there.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by technical
Don't confuse torque management with torque reduction. The latter will pull timing during the shift. I'm sure they're related in other ways, but you can still have reduction without management.

My advice would be to enable the torque management, but increase the allowable torque.

Are you seeing any KR?
ok what i did last night was i put the torque mangemant to enable and the car still pulling some timing and i dont see any KR at all and thear is one thing that i dont understand is thear is no reading for the oxsgine sensers and when i looked under the car to check the O2 i couldent finde any sensors on it dose that make that problem and even the plugs for it some peopel told me that model dosent come with O2.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What i did yesterday i open the car file to see the high octane and the low octane table you can see there is numbers -3 or -6 and more than that.what i did is i pot thease number to 4 and 6 and more than that and the car start to be good and when you run the car on the dyno the AFR stayes at 15 it dosent what to add fulle.and when you levet it for lat say 30mints ant start the car againe avery thing gets back againe.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

The O2 sensors are there....or you have big problems. You might be seeing issues when the vehicle gets to a certain temp e.g. IAT temp gets too high and the PCM begine to pull timing. Sounds like more than just one or two things going on.

Quick Reply: help on tunning magnacharger on my truck.