Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you've considered a catch can, don't wait!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default If you've considered a catch can, don't wait!!

Just thought I would give a quick opinion for anyone considering doing a catch can. since i was home for two weeks I decided to install the " air compressor filter / cheapo" catch can.
It's easy as hell to do and cheap at under $30 bucks. The downside is that I didn't take any pics before cleaning it out....duh!!
When I first pulled my PCV valve it was so crudded up it looked like it came out of my barbecue grille. After cleaning my lines, PCV valve, and installing the can, it collected at least a tablespoon in 3 days and less than a hundred miles of driving. It was dark, VERY carbony smelling, and had hunks in it.
I'm not going to claim any benefit except from the look of it, there is no way I want that sludge run back through my system. I wish I had gotten off of my but sooner to do it. I would HIGHLY reccomend that everyone at least give it a whirl.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What write-up did you use?
Old 06-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Write up? You don't need any stinking write up! If want to see what a catch can looks like on a LS1 click PICs on my sig and scroll down...