Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tci Flexplate/torque Converter Install

Old 06-17-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tci Flexplate/torque Converter Install

I'm getting ready to install my Converter and TCI LS1 flexplate. I received the flexplate yesterday. It came with bolts and what i beleive is a shim for the snout of the torque converter? Is this correct. It does not fit tightly in the center flexplate hole or is this just a spacer that matches up with the motor? What is this for? I test fit the converter also. The bolts don't seem as big as the holes in the flexplate. Will this be a problem or when it is tightened up it will be fine?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

The bolts shouldn't have to thread through the flexplate holes, just into the converter. As long as the bolt HEADS are larger diameter than the holes in the flywheel, you'll be fine.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

I understand that they don't thread thru i just thought they should be closer in size, the hole is a bit larger than the bolt. I guess it will be fine when everything is tightened. Thanks for the reply
Old 06-18-2006, 10:19 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try searching this subject there are a couple good threads on it. also make sure you grind the powder coating off there it bolts to the crank and the converter or it will come loose.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

I thought they used a different coating now?

The spacer is for the pilot snout that goes on the back of the TC and then in the crank. I suppose it's if you have to shim your TC, I didn't need that spacer. Once the TC is in and the that pilot is seated the TC is centered, then just tighten the bolts up, the holes are only slightly bigger than the bolts.

Dan
Old 06-18-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for all the advise. That is exactly the answers i needed. I will grind the coating to make sure. Maybe i will contact TCI also to make sure. I just wanted to make sure before i install it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tci Flexplate/torque Converter Install