How to ruin a car without wrecking it...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to ruin a car without wrecking it...

Alright...the new Tokyo Drift movie, aside from the very first scene, isnt all that great. The Monte Carlo, which has a 632 "Hardcore" engine in it, gets totaled and so does the Viper. You move on to Tokyo and the ricers get torn up pretty badly, which is an interesting spectacle, but then they have the nerve to put a 67' Mustang Fastback in it. The worst part is that they drop a 6 cylinder Nissan engine into it.....they ruined a classic without having to wreck it. It looked good on the outside though, they didn't rice that out, they kept it to its usual stripes and solid color. Check the movie out if you want to see a couple of interesting chase scenes, but as far as plot goes...its lame. And as far as cars go...the Monte Carlos engine sound has to top all of the cars.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

lol there is no word for a car like that. . i need to go see this movie
Old 06-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

I was "fine" with the mustang with the nissan engine in it until I saw the fart pipe. That was horrible. Why do they always wreck the good cars in movies?
Old 06-17-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

not to be an *** or anything but its old news. not sure how much its been talked about on here but on svtperformance those guys were having cows about it.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brandon350
Alright...the new Tokyo Drift movie, aside from the very first scene, isnt all that great. The Monte Carlo, which has a 632 "Hardcore" engine in it, gets totaled and so does the Viper. You move on to Tokyo and the ricers get torn up pretty badly, which is an interesting spectacle, but then they have the nerve to put a 67' Mustang Fastback in it. The worst part is that they drop a 6 cylinder Nissan engine into it.....they ruined a classic without having to wreck it. It looked good on the outside though, they didn't rice that out, they kept it to its usual stripes and solid color. Check the movie out if you want to see a couple of interesting chase scenes, but as far as plot goes...its lame. And as far as cars go...the Monte Carlos engine sound has to top all of the cars.
Is that the engine the monte carlo's supposed to have in the movie? Interesting because I was actually trying to think of what in the world it could have in it.