Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Indiana State police Super Charged 95 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Indiana State police Super Charged 95 Z28

I was pulling into a local gastation yesterday and as i am pulling up I notice a teal camaro. Looks bone stock down to the exhaust. I am filling up while looking at it and a state trooper comes out of the station and pops the hood on it next to me. BAM! A vortech charger on it. So ofcourse I start talking to him about it. He tells me that the car is used for high speed interception chases and that he believes this car makes around 400HP. Also that there are a few cars around that state like that. Some have been impounded from drug dealers and that sort of thing. But this car looked completely stock other than the charger on it.

Anyways I was on sure where to post this at. But I thought you guys might find it interesting. And no I didnt ask if he wanted to race lol.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill. That was a hell of a race. BAM!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

WOA.. !! Who knew Indiana could afford that crap... Oh wait I just read the impounded part..
Old 06-18-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know all the cops were fighting to see who got to drive that beast... It's gotta be cool to drive that car around just waiting...no hoping to find someone to chase
Old 06-18-2006, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

I forgot to add there was a very nice alloy plate on the engine when you open the hood that says. "Installed With Pride, By The Indiana State Police".
Old 06-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^thats sick
Old 06-18-2006, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Where is plymouth in correlation to Fort Wayne?
Old 06-18-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

You should've asked... at the very least he would have got a laugh out of it. If it was a quiet day, he might have gone for it. Never know what happens if you win, though...

Jim
Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

their are some camaro ss's under cover cars in memphis, tn
Old 06-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Teching In

I saw a new Mercury Marauder (sp?) in my town the other day with county sherrif badges on it. On the back it had writing that said "Paid for by your local drug dealer". I kind of got a laugh out of that.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CashMoney
WOA.. !! Who knew Indiana could afford that crap... Oh wait I just read the impounded part..

i had a teal indiana state trooper car. but it wasnt supercharged...
Old 06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
I was pulling into a local gastation yesterday and as i am pulling up I notice a teal camaro. Looks bone stock down to the exhaust. I am filling up while looking at it and a state trooper comes out of the station and pops the hood on it next to me. BAM! A vortech charger on it. So ofcourse I start talking to him about it. He tells me that the car is used for high speed interception chases and that he believes this car makes around 400HP. Also that there are a few cars around that state like that. Some have been impounded from drug dealers and that sort of thing. But this car looked completely stock other than the charger on it.

Anyways I was on sure where to post this at. But I thought you guys might find it interesting. And no I didnt ask if he wanted to race lol.

Let me tell you a quick little true story.

I live in Columbus, IN, about 35 miles south of Indianapolis right off of I-65. I first moved to Indiana in the summer of '03.

Anyway, I had been living here about 6 months, and on my way to work one morning, I was travelling south on I-65 running about 70-75. Well in the rearview, I see this White SS Camaro come flying up on my ***. After staying there for a minute, it pulls out beside me and stays there. Windows are dark as night, so I can't see ****. Driver pulls in front of me and slows to about 65, so I pass him (still maintaining my speed). Once again pulls up on my ***, then gets beside me, then gets in front and slows down. I am getting pissed at this point, and once again pass him (still maintaining my speed). This jackass started to do this a third time, however when he got beside me this time, I slammed down on the accelerator and took off.

I think it was at about 95 that I saw the car pull up on my *** and hit the lights!!! It was a F#$%ing unmarked poice car. The lights were mounted in the front grille and were totally un-noticeable. The cop came and ask for license, registration, insurance...the regular drill. He then ask why I took off like that. I told him that I didn't like people riding my *** and didn't know if the person was crazy or not for going around me and then slowing down, which was the absolute truth. I don't know if it was becasue I was honest, or what, but he gave me a written warning only and told me in the future to get off at an exit if I feel "threatened" by another driver.

To this day, every morning on the way to work headed south bound on I-65, there is a truck weight station between exits 55 and 50 (Seymour) and the same car is setting there watching, almost every morning. Just waiting for that next victim.

The State of Indiana must have some cash to have nice cars like that for the PoPo.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Boosted91TT
I saw a new Mercury Marauder (sp?) in my town the other day with county sherrif badges on it. On the back it had writing that said "Paid for by your local drug dealer". I kind of got a laugh out of that.
I would give that car a thumbs up every time I saw it. Too bad in my area the writing would say "Paid for by pulling you over for no reason."
Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

yeap yea they have those in south florida too..

my friend is a metro Dade cop and he took me to work with him a few times(hes a police diver so work consisted of just jumpin in random lakes and looking for cars or bodies and stuff on the bottom).

on one of these times we stopped by a station that had 2 florida highway patrol lt1 z28's parked side by side waiting to get oil changes. they had all the stickers and stuff and a thin set of lights on the roof. they were badass and whats funny is that i know a kid that had a TT 3000gt and thought his car was the ****. He was speeding down i95 one night and 2 cop cars turned on their sirens behind him. he thought he could just outrun them and they would slow down cuz its dangerous to chase a speeding car so he didnt let off but didnt accel. (he was doing like 130 already...how much faster could he go lol). but well he was in for a surprise. the two cars chasing him were low and behold 2 supercharged Z28's lol. He pulled over lol no point in running when u have that kind of heat on ur ***. he pulld off the oh i didnt see you behind me story and one of the cops simply said, "you shoulda kept going, i like to hear my baby whine..". They took his car and arrested him but he stuck with the i was speeding but i didnt know there were cops behind me story (said he had the music too loud and was concentrated on the road) so they let him off with a big fat juicy fine, impounding the car, having to go to traffic school and, community service cleaning highways lol.

Supposedly there is a White Cobra that is an Undercover State trooper and a 91 LX with a stroker in it that is a DT that both go to hangouts around my area and get ppl to race them and then just turn on their lights when they let the other people win. its pretty smart but i dont think its right for them to go and try to get ppl to race them.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

not anything fast, but funny

Last edited by 1BADAIR; 11-14-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

The troopers driving Camaros around here are known for tailgating people to get them to speed up or enticing a race. I personally hate the whole Mustang or Camaro patrol concept. If cops want to catch you in a Crown Vic, they will because you can't outrun a radio. They do this everyday.

The only thing Camaro patrols are good for is writing tickets and generating revenue. They are impractical for hauling prisoners, and don't have the space to carry all the gear that makes even a Crown Vic a tight fit, especially for 2 guys in a car. I would much rather see all the money put toward Camaros in the hands of cops in the form of pay raises. They are underpaid for what they do, especially these days, and agencies around here are faced with fewer applicants and less interest in law enforcement careers. So much money is spent wastefully buying new cruisers to replace perfectly good 80k mile Crown Vics, the latest and greatest radar guns costing more then $2k apiece, and other items, yet we wonder why funds are low.

This example of the ISP keeping the supercharged Camaro around for "pursuit purposes" is nonsense. The money from selling it could be put to better use.

Jason
Old 06-24-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont like unmarked cars, it makes me feel uncomfortable to stop for them.

Rember the serial KILLERs who use unmarked cars, and just being pulled over I dont like. You know you get pulled over for no reason they run your plate and let you go thats really annoying.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure your not required to stop for an unmarked car in some circumstances. If your in BFE and an unmarked car tries to pull you over, you have the right to continue driving until you are somewhere you feel safe i.e. a populated area and it will hold up. At least this is what a cop told me.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro99SS
The troopers driving Camaros around here are known for tailgating people to get them to speed up or enticing a race. I personally hate the whole Mustang or Camaro patrol concept. If cops want to catch you in a Crown Vic, they will because you can't outrun a radio. They do this everyday.

The only thing Camaro patrols are good for is writing tickets and generating revenue. They are impractical for hauling prisoners, and don't have the space to carry all the gear that makes even a Crown Vic a tight fit, especially for 2 guys in a car. I would much rather see all the money put toward Camaros in the hands of cops in the form of pay raises. They are underpaid for what they do, especially these days, and agencies around here are faced with fewer applicants and less interest in law enforcement careers. So much money is spent wastefully buying new cruisers to replace perfectly good 80k mile Crown Vics, the latest and greatest radar guns costing more then $2k apiece, and other items, yet we wonder why funds are low.

This example of the ISP keeping the supercharged Camaro around for "pursuit purposes" is nonsense. The money from selling it could be put to better use.

Jason
took the words out of my mouth....well said!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah you never know whats a cop car anymore. Supposedly there are a few undercover cars around here. I hear there is a White Evo, White SRT-4 and Black F150 truck that are all undercover and have no lights on them.