Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my lifter preload and PR lenth be OK?

Old 06-18-2006, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my lifter preload and PR lenth be OK?

With Dart 205's, Comp Cams 850 lifters, and .030 MLS Cometics:
- Will I be ok with my 7.4" Comp Cam PR's...I would measure but am not doing the head swap yet...It seems these head would setup just like stock, but will the lifters and .030 cometic gaskets change this much??

-and what is the rec. preload for CC 805's? .050-.10?

-also when installing lifters, do I have to "prime" them or just let them soak in oil and thats it?

sorry if too many questions, nervous about how all of this will go together...dont want any clearance issues or lifter issues. No doubt I will measure when I do the swap..dont have a dial indicator though.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t have an answer for the lifter question, but if you plan on running a .030 gasket you better know exactly what your deck height is otherwise you might have some piston to head contact.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When I installed my Morels, I soaked the roller end in oil and then rotated the roller once in a while to work in the oil and work out the grease they are packed with when assembled. This was per instructions I got from both Chris Straub and Morel. It was to ensure the rollers were well lubed on startup. As for the preload, figure out how much length you have removed from the system, sounds like 0.020" for the gasket and not sure on the lifter preload requirements. That should give you an indication on the pushrods.

Search this Thread