Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Well, finally got a ticket in the Trans Am - is supervision a good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, finally got a ticket in the Trans Am - is supervision a good idea?

Well, I got a ticket for squeeling tires in the TA last weekend. It is considered a moving violation. I am not going to fight it (he could have nabbed me for speeding and no front plate too, guess he was actually a nice guy).

My question is would it be a good idea to get court supervision for 90 days to get this wiped off my record (my record is spotless except for this now), or just pay my 75$ and let it go?
Old 06-18-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

****, if your record is spotless i say go fight it. i wish mine was spotless lol
Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Restricted User

take the supervision and go to the class. It'll stay off ur record as long as you dont **** around later I had 2 of those in 6 days... Oops.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seems to me that might be something easy to get out of, but I'm not sure.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
I got a ticket for squeeling tires in the TA last weekend.
I got one of those once while driving an '89 Formula 350. I just paid it and forgot about it. Never had any effect on my rates. That was in 1998 though. Actually I think that was the last ticket I got. I've been clean for a looooooong time. Knocking on wood, lol.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, take the supervision. thats what i did for my tickets so far, just dont get another one while you are on it. i recently got a ticket for 36 over, and 6-month supervision. it was the second week of having my car also >_< oh well, 230 bucks out the door.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

supervision is the way to go im still on my 6 month supervision along with attending driving school but when its over my record will be clean
Old 06-19-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I am not going to fight it because the cop was actually nice about things and could have done much worse to me.

I think I will go for the supervision for 90 days. Guess I will have to put my front plate back on and be good for 3 months

Does anyone know if while on supervision you can't get a ticket in the same county, or you can't get a ticket period?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
or you can't get a ticket period?
unless its wisconsin, they dont tell IL who they ticket.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

if you have never had anything.... lie, lie, lie! go to court and say "i was on stones" or "it just got out of the shop and i wasnt use to it yet and it was on lose gravel" or something. i pulled over when raceing in my old t/a (95 conv.) and i had nothing then. the cop was nice about it and got me for rec op, and didnt turn in that he clocked me at 128mph in a 25. but once you are in court he cant bring any of that stuff up, and he couldnt explain why he gave me the rec op. and i got out of it. remember if you go to court and the cop actualy shows up, he/she has to prove it, not you.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by drohm6
if you have never had anything.... lie, lie, lie! go to court and say "i was on stones" or "it just got out of the shop and i wasnt use to it yet and it was on lose gravel" or something. i pulled over when raceing in my old t/a (95 conv.) and i had nothing then. the cop was nice about it and got me for rec op, and didnt turn in that he clocked me at 128mph in a 25. but once you are in court he cant bring any of that stuff up, and he couldnt explain why he gave me the rec op. and i got out of it. remember if you go to court and the cop actualy shows up, he/she has to prove it, not you.
thats kinda cheap to do when a cop is nice, you can expect a no holds barred if he ever sees you driving again.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

you are right it is cheap, but when you pay the ticket and he pulls you over for doing 75 in a 65 and gives you a ticket because he sees that you have already got one and are being a problem, then we will see what you have to say. and at that point what are you doing to do fight it? the judge will just laugh at you and charge you more then the waiver would have been
Old 06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by drohm6
you are right it is cheap, but when you pay the ticket and he pulls you over for doing 75 in a 65 and gives you a ticket because he sees that you have already got one and are being a problem, then we will see what you have to say. and at that point what are you doing to do fight it? the judge will just laugh at you and charge you more then the waiver would have been
*shrug* thats why you take supervision and drive within the law for 3 months and the ticket dissapears from(most) records, easy enough isnt it?

i tihnk if the cop was a dick id fight it if the cop was lax id do supervision because if you fight it and ptu the cop through that again, you can expect alot worse the second time around.

Quick Reply: Well, finally got a ticket in the Trans Am - is supervision a good idea?